WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 point bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
Amazon’s products are some of the least expensive on the web. We’ve already talked about tricks to getting an 18% discount off of any product on Amazon, but now we can save even more with Amazon Subscribe & Save. By subscribing to certain products that you would normally purchase on a daily basis, you can receive an additional 15% discount.
What Is Amazon Subscribe & Save?
The purpose of Amazon Subscribe & Save is for you to save money on items that you purchase on a frequent basis. When a specific product is eligible for subscribe and save, Amazon will automatically take off a discount when you agree to put that product on a subscription order.
When you subscribe, products will automatically be sent to your door in monthly intervals from one to six months. You can choose how often the item will be sent to you.
For example, let’s say I use a tube of toothpaste every two months. I can go to Amazon and turn on the Subscribe & Save feature so that toothpaste will automatically be sent to me every 2 months.
This way I don’t have to go to Amazon.com and make the purchase myself. Amazon will directly pull your payment information stored under your account and you will be charged automatically.
This not only makes it more convenient for the user and saves time, but on top of that you will get a discount for each product signed up for Subscribe & Save.
How Do I Use Subscribe & Save?
The best way to use Subscribe & Save is to figure out which products are eligible for this service. Here we’ve broken it down into 4 steps.
1. Go to the Subscribe & Save Page on Amazon.com to see what products are eligible. On the left-hand side you will notice a list of categories that are eligible. Click on one of them to browse products of your choosing.
2. With each product you will notice a Subscribe & Save price along with a normal price. Click on the product you want to buy and make sure you select Subscribe & Save to receive a discount, and also the frequency in which you want to receive the product. When you finish, hit, “Review Subscription.”
3. You will be taken through the checkout process and Amazon will ask you how you would like to make future payments for this product. They will continue to use the same payment method for each purchase every month, 2 months, etc. Hit “Subscribe Now” to sign-up for this subscription.
4. To review or cancel your subscriptions, go to the “My Account” tab at the top of the page and click “Your Subscribe & Save Items.” From there you can manage with products you have signed-up with this service.
This service is eligible to all members and comes at no additional cost. Even if you don’t want to place an order on subscription, I recommend doing so and canceling right away just for that extra discount.
How Much Can I Save With Amazon Subscribe & Save?
If you haven’t notices already, each product that is eligible comes with a 5% discount. However, the more you subscribe, the more you will save. You will save 15% on each item only if you receive 5 or more subscriptions on your monthly delivery date.
If your monthly delivery date is October 30th and 5 or more items are subscribed to be sent to your door on October 30th, you will receive a 15% discount on all items purchase. What a great deal, especially since you can cancel at any time.
Unfortunately, the only product that doesn’t apply to the 15% discount are baby diapers. So make sure that you have 5 other products set under Subscribe & Save to receive your full savings.
Are There Other Ways To Save Extra Cash On Amazon?
Aside from getting 15% off of subscribed items, there are plenty of other ways to save on Amazon.
Amazon Prime. If you plan on signing-up for Subscribe & Save, Amazon Prime is a must. Prime will get you free two-day shipping on every product sold and shipped by Amazon. Furthermore, you get additional benefits such as free movies and TV, access to their Kindle Library, and be able to listen to their 10 million song database at no cost.
You can read my opinion on whether I think Amazon Prime is worth it or not.
Gift Cards. There are ways to purchase Amazon gift cards at a discount. Through this method, I can receive a total of up to 8% off of certain Amazon products.
Cash Back Portal. By going through a cash back portal, you can receive additional discounts through Amazon. Please not that this applies only to certain product categories such as clothing. TopCashback is a portal that I highly recommend that pays on time.
Amazon Credit Card. At the very least, you should be getting an additional 3% back on all Amazon products by signing-up for their credit card. It only takes a second and you could end up saving a lot in the long run.
When you sign-up you’ll automatically be granted a free $30 gift card to Amazon!
Coupons. If you look at the Subscribe & Save page, don’t forget to browse their coupons. To see all available coupons, you’ll see a link on the left-hand side of the page that says “Subscribe & Save Coupons. Usually there will be discounts for when you purchase an item for the first time.
Amazon already offers great prices, but now there are ways to even get a larger discount with Subscribe & Save. Not only does it save us time from buying products that we have to purchase on a regular basis, but we’re getting it at a great price (15% off) from a company that we can trust.
Tell us your experience with Amazon Subscribe & Save in the comments below. Thanks for reading!