If you shop at common retailers such as Exxon, AT&T, Macy’s or Rite-Aid, you’re missing out on potential savings if you’re not signed-up with the Plenti Rewards Program. Plenti has partnered with hundreds of retailers and has replaced most rewards programs currently in place. The best part? You only need a single card for all locations.
What Is Plenti?
Launched in May, 2015, Plenti is a nationwide rewards program that has partnered with multiple businesses in order to give consumers another way to get cash back on what they spend, all with a single card.
All points earned at Plenti partner locations are stored in one account, meaning you can earn points from one location and use them at another each time you make a purchase. This removes the hassle of keeping track of different kinds of rewards programs.
These points can be redeemed discounts on your next purchase at participating retail outlets. Savings will be applied at checkout and signing-up for the Plenti program is completely free.
One important thing to take note is that most if not all retailers are replacing their current rewards program with the Plenti program, but this is dependent upon the business. Contact the nearest retail location to find out if they are still continuing their rewards program alongside of Plenti or if it has been replaced.
Plenti can be used for both offline as well as online purchases and gives you a great way to get even more cash back when shopping.
Plenti has hundreds of partners of online purchase. Yet for in-store purchases, Plenti is currently only partnered with 10:
- Alamo Rent-A-Car
- Direct Energy
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- National Car Rental
For a list of online retailers, you can view them here.
How Do I Get Started With Plenti?
Signing-up for Plenti is free and can be done in 7 easy steps.
1. Create an account. You can create a Plenti account online here, or you can sign-up on their mobile app available for both iOS and Android devices. You’ll be asked to enter in some personal information such as your name and birth date.
2. Create a pin. When creating a pin number, be sure to write it down so you don’t forget it. This pin number will be used at checkout when making a purchase if you decide to use your points.
3. Wait for your card. Once you have registered, you will receive your Plenti Rewards Card in the mail within 7 – 10 days.
4. Activate offers. You can view partner offers by clicking the “Explore Partner Offers” button right after registration or by logging into your Plenti account and hitting the Partner Offers tab at the top of the page. There you can view offers available at specific retailers.
Some will automatically be activated, but specific offers need to be activated manually for you to be able to claim points. Otherwise you won’t receive any rewards for your purchase.
Plenti wants to award you for being healthy and allows you to activate “Household Offers” via the tab at the top of the page as well. Household offers allow you to gain points by purchasing a specific product rather than purchasing at a specific location. Just link your existing loyalty card to your Plenti account to claim these points.
5. Link current loyalty cards. Most retailers partnered with Plenti require you to link your current rewards program before you can start earning points. Macy’s is the exception, where you can link your Macy’s credit card and use it at checkout and still receive points. You can click here for more detailed instructions.
6. Save on online shopping. While Plenti has only partnered with 11 different retailers for in-store purchases, you can use their online marketplace to place orders with hundreds. Here you can get cash back for every dollar spent. The amount depends on the location.
I personally don’t recommend using Plenti for online shopping since their cash back rates are poor in comparison to other shopping portals. I personally checking BeFrugal or TopCashback to find the highest rates. Unfortunately, you can’t use both Plenti and another portal and double dip in points.
To learn more about shopping portals, you can read this article here.
7. Use your points. You can claim your points by clicking the “Use Points” tab at the top of your account page. You need a minimum of 200 points before you can use them.
When you go to make a purchase at a retailer, bring along your Plenti card. Tell the cashier that you want to use your Plenti savings and you’ll be asked to swipe your card. Depending on the amount of points you have, a discount will be taken off of your purchase.
For purchases made online at Macy’s and Rite-Aid you can enter your Plenti card number during the checkout process. If you’re getting gas, you’ll be asked to insert your Plenti card before filling-up.
How Much Can Plenti Save Me?
There’s no limit to the amount of points you can earn on Plenti. The amount you save depends on the amount of offers you activate and how much you shop. This is an incredibly vague answer, so we’ll work through a few examples. It takes 100 points to get $1 dollar.
For Exxon mobile purchases, you’ll be granted 1 point for every $1 dollar spent on fuel purchases and 2 points for non-fuel purchases.
Shopping at Macy’s gets you 1 point for every $1 dollar spent on most purchases.
It really depends on the retailer on how much cash back you’re getting. Yet we wouldn’t leave you without a safe estimate. Using the Plenti Rewards Program will get you around 1% – 2% cash back on average.
Even though this may seem like a small amount, it’s actually really good since the only extra work that is required is swiping your card or entering in your card number online.
If you want to go for the really big savings, I suggest looking up Partner Offers, where you can get hundreds of points for one purchase.
This Enterprise offer below will give you $10 dollars worth of points after you rent a car for three days or more.
This Rite-Aid offer gives you $5 dollars worth of points after spending $25 dollars in a single purchase. That’s 20% off your purchase price.
This just goes to show you that it really depends on where you’re buying something and what you buy.
Use the Plenti card along with a 2% cash back credit card and you’re looking at 3% – 4% off all purchases at specific retailers. That’s a savings you can’t find anywhere else.
Currently Plenti only works with 10 retailers for in-store purchases, but hundreds of others for online shopping. Yet using Plenti as your cash back portal won’t get you the most savings, which is why we recommend checking out other cash back portals.
If you have any other questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below. Using Plenti can be a little confusing at first. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!