WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 point bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
Note: This app has been renamed to ScreenLift, but they are the exact same thing.
Passive income apps are a very popular way to make money from home. These apps don’t require you to take long surveys or perform tedious tasks. You just spend literal seconds – perhaps a minute or two – and you’ll earn a bit of money.
Lock screen apps lead the way in this category. They take as little effort as possible. You get paid to unlock your phone, and most times you view an ad.
You can use several of these apps at once to boost your earnings. They’re not a get rich quick method, but they’re a solid way to earn some extra cash.
Screen Stash is one new lock screen app that’s quickly earning a solid reputation. It’s easy to see why – it’s simple to use with no strings attached. Read my Screen Stash app review to learn what makes this app one of our top picks.
What Is Screen Stash?
Screen Stash is an app that pays you simply for unlocking your phone. This makes it stand out from other lock screen apps. You don’t have to engage with ads, click anything, or download extra apps.
You already unlock your phone several times per day – now you’ll just get paid for it.
When you download the app, you customize your lock screen to suit your preferences. From what I’ve seen, the customization options are sleek and user-friendly.
You’ll see a selection of news stories and ads on your lock screen, but you don’t have to engage in them. You simply earn points every time you unlock your phone.
Screen Stash was created by Apps That Pay, a developer with an impressive reputation. They are very honest about the app and how it works.
The developer also features six other apps and websites for earning money. At the link above, you’ll even see that they don’t promise you’ll make thousands of dollars. However, they do provide payment proof for Screen Stash users.
Screen Stash App Pros And Cons
You know a bit about the app, so now you can see what others think. Despite being new, Screen Stash app pros and cons are easy to find. Between exploring the app and researching it, I was able to make the two lists below.
Screen Stash Pros
- The app has an impressive 4.4-star rating on Google Play.
- You can choose from multiple payment options – cash, gift cards, and more.
- The company behind Screen Stash has a solid reputation as an app developer.
- It’s a truly passive money earner.
- The payout threshold is only $1.
- You get 250 free bonus points when you sign up to use the app.
- You get 250 bonus points for every person you refer to Screen Stash.
- You don’t have to actively engage with ads to earn money.
Screen Stash Cons
- Since it’s passive, Screen Stash won’t earn you a ton of money.
- It’s new, so there aren’t a ton of detailed reviews about it.
- Screen Stash is not available to iPhone users per Apple policy.
Overall, this is a pretty clear picture of Screen Stash. It’s no secret that it won’t make you rich; that’s just not possible with lock screen apps. I will provide some info about higher paying apps at the end of this review, so keep reading.
But other than that, it seems to offer many perks. You quite literally get paid to unlock your phone. And with a low payout threshold, you don’t have to wait for ages to get rewarded. I always recommend using multiple apps to boost your earnings. That’s incredibly easy to do with lock screen apps.
How To Use Screen Stash
Using Screen Stash is easy, and I genuinely like the layout. The lock screen display is not intrusive or confusing. The app itself is super simple and user-friendly. Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- Download Screen Stash on your Android device(s).
- Sign up using your Facebook account or e-mail address.
- Provide a few basic details. You’ll need to provide your name, e-mail address, gender, date of birth, and a chosen password.
- Customize your lock screen. This is where you’ll choose what displays on your screen – access to your camera and flashlight, weather info, news, and more. You can always change your display later on.
- Unlock your phone and earn points. You don’t have to interact with the display aside from unlocking your screen.
Setting up my account took less than five minutes. It’s very easy and straightforward, and you start earning points right away. Your points display is updated hourly, and you can view it in the Screen Stash app.
How Much Does Screen Stash Pay?
As I mentioned above, everyone starts out with a free 250 point bonus. But how much you’ll earn seems to vary. The biggest factor is how frequently you unlock your phone. Another possible factor is how you choose to customize your lock screen.
I earned two points for unlocking my phone four times. This doesn’t seem like much, but it certainly adds up. Many recent studies report that the average person unlocks their phone 80 to 110 times per day. So you’ll accumulate a decent number of points per day. And it really is 100% passive – all I did was unlock my phone screen!
When I downloaded the app, I only choose to display the time, date, and Tap and Earn feature. It’s not clear if choosing more options means you’ll earn more points, but it may be a factor. Play with the customization options to see if your earnings are impacted.
Screen Stash also offers a referral bonus. You get 250 points per person you refer, so this is a great way to boost your earnings. Referring six users will net you enough points to cash out. You can access your referral link under the Settings icon in the Screen Stash app.
Screen Stash Payment Options
There are three main Screen Stash payment options – PayPal cash, gift cards, or point transfers. Here’s what you need to know about each option:
- PayPal – You can redeem points for PayPal cash starting at 1,500 points for $1. However, saving up your points makes them more valuable. 6,750 points are worth $5, and that breaks down to 1,350 points per $1. 19,000 points are worth $15, and that breaks down to about 1,266 points per $1. Consider letting your points add up to get better payout deals.
- Gift Cards – Gift cards are available for Google Play, Amazon, and Wal-Mart. The payout thresholds are the same as above. You can start redeeming at 1,500 points for a $1 gift card. Saving up your points is the way to go if you prefer larger gift card payments.
- Transfer Points – Lastly, you have the option to transfer your points to other Apps That Pay apps. Your choices are Fish For Money, Zap Surveys, and Movie Money. You don’t need a minimum amount of points for this payment method.
More Of The Best Lock Screen Apps
If you like the idea of lock screen apps, there are plenty of them available for Android users. Of course, some options are better than others. The three below are ones I consider the best lock screen apps.
- Adme – Adme is one of the most well-known lock screen apps. They’ve got a solid reputation for paying consistently through PayPal. Your earnings are based on how much you use your phone, but it’s definitely possible to earn $10 per month. You instantly get a $1 signup bonus by using our code bNALpS6gKV, too.
- Slidejoy – Slidejoy is a popular pick for several reasons. You only need $1 to cash out to PayPal, so it’s an easy way to earn money. The developers behind Slidejoy estimate that users earn $5 to $15 per month through this lock screen app. That isn’t a ton of cash, but it definitely adds up fast.
- S’more – S’more is as passive as Screen Stash, but in a fairly different way. You earn $0.10 per day solely for having the app installed on your phone. That means you won’t earn money super fast, but you’ll earn it daily just for using your lock screen. It doesn’t get easier than that.
If you want more information about these three picks, read Top 7 Apps That Pay You To Unlock Your Phone Screen. You’ll find detailed reviews about the apps I’ve mentioned and a few others.
This is a great resource if you’re pretty interested in using lock screen apps.
If you want a super easy way to earn money, download Screen Stash and enjoy. Combine it with the best lock screen apps I mentioned above. They’re all passive options for earning PayPal cash, gift cards, and other rewards.
If you’d like to earn even more money with little effort, check out these Frugal For Less posts:
- 20 Free Passive Income Apps That Will Earn You $1,500+/Year
- 17 Ways to Create Passive Income
- MobileXpression Review: Get Paid Passive Income With This App
- Top 10 Passive Income Apps & Websites – Earn An Extra $1,293 Per Year
You’ll quickly see that there are tons of great options. From quick surveys to tracking your shopping habits, it’s easy to find apps you’ll enjoy. Read the posts above to get started, and browse our Make Money section for thousands of more opportunities.