WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
Receiving an unwanted gift card as a gift often poses a problem on how to exchange it for cash.
Cardpool solves that problem by being one of of the best gift card exchange sites. If you want to sell your gift card, we’ll give you 4 good reasons why you should almost always look to Cardpool first.
Each time you sell a gift card to a gift card reseller, you’re not going to get 100% of the value that’s on the card. The amount you receive depends highly on the retailer. Walmart, for example, is a gift card that’s highly sought after and can be resold for roughly 90% of its value. Another gift card such as Chili’s, might only go for 75%.
We did a quick comparison of Cardpool with other vendors just to see how well it compares.
In order to quickly find out what rates are available, we used the website GiftCardGranny as a comparison tool. Go to the page and click on “Sell Gift Cards” to see which gift cards are available for resale.
We typed in Walmart in the search bar to get our first example.
Cardpool isn’t the best in this case, but it comes close to all the other retailers, selling your Walmart gift card at 89% of face value.
Let’s try DSW as another example.
Our final comparison is with IHOP.
At this point you may be thinking, “Why should I go with Cardpool when I can save an extra 1% or 2% by going with a different vendor?” The answer lies in the next step, adding an extra 4% to your resale rate.
2. Use TopCashBack To Add 4% On All Gift Cards You Sell To Cardpool
When calculating how much you can sell your gift card to Cardpool, you should always add an extra 4% to that amount. The reason is because we can go through a shopping portal. In short, these portals receive a commission every time you use one of their links. When you sell or buy something by going through their affiliate link first, they earn cash and give a portion of it to you, the user.
If you still don’t know what a shopping portal is, you can read my article on what they are here.
Currently, the only shopping portal that gives you cash back for selling your gift card is TopCashBack, and the only gift card exchange site that TopCashBack gives cash back for selling your gift card is Cardpool.
Here’s how to quickly sign-up and sell a gift card using Cardpool by going through the TopCashBack portal in 3 steps.
1. Register for an account. You can register for TopCashBack by clicking this link here. You will need to provide your name, email and password in order to get signed-up.
2. Search for Cardpool. Once you get setup with a TopCashBack account, use the search bar and type in “Cardpool.” You’ll notice that you can get 2% in cash back on every gift card you buy, but 4% cash back on ones you sell.
3. Make your purchase. Click the “Get Cashback Now” button to be redirected to the Cardpool website. Now any gift card you sell will give you an extra 4% in your TopCashBack account. Just go through the purchasing process like you normally would and wait a few days until you receive payment. Once you reach a minimum of $20 dollars, you can have the money deposited to your bank account. You can read more about how TopCashBack works here.
3. Trade For Amazon Gift Cards For An Extra 6%
You don’t always have to redeem for cash when exchanging gift cards with Cardpool. If you’re a frequent purchaser of Amazon products, this is the perfect option, since they will add 6% to the value they’re willing to buy your gift card at.
For example, if you have a $100 dollar Walmart gift card and Cardpool is originally willing to buy it for $89 dollars, you will gain an additional 6% off of $89 dollars to that value in the form of an Amazon gift card. This turns out to be an extra $5.34
Using the 4% cash back from step 2 above for our $100 Walmart gift card, we add an additional $3.56 to our payout. Exchange for an Amazon gift card and we add another $5.34. In total, for our $100 dollar Walmart card, we get an Amazon gift card just short of $98 dollars. That’s only a 2% decrease in value for exchanging your gift card. This isn’t a bad deal for all you Amazon shoppers.
$100 Walmart Gift Card Exchanged For $98 Dollar Amazon Gift Card
4. Excellent Customer Service
Cardpool has the best customer service out of any other gift card reseller. They email you promptly when you place an order and usually send you your money within a few business days. One time they even called me personally because they thought there was a security issue with my account.
Their guarantee makes it even more worthwhile. When purchasing a gift card, if you are not satisfied for any reason, you can return it for the full amount if you don’t use it. They also guarantee that any gift card you purchase will be from the vendor you specified. If not, you have 100 days from the date of purchase to contact Cardpool for a full refund. The same goes for when selling a card as well.
When selling to Cardpool, I always have received a quick reply and have gotten the amount of money specified. There has never been a problem. If you have dealt with this company before and something has gone wrong, please let us know by leaving a comment below.
I mostly like Cardpool because it’s an easy way to get rid of those unwanted gift cards I have for cash, and I never have to worry about not getting my money. The extra 4% cash back on every card you sell makes me always look to them first.
If you have any questions or would like to share your experience with Cardpool, feel free to do so in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling.