WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 point bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
Update: Sports Authority is no longer in business. However, these same steps can still be applied to any retailer.
If you like purchasing sporting goods or any other products at Sports Authority, you should be getting at least 27% off all products. If you’re not, read this guide to find out how. Just make sure to follow all of the steps in order.
1. Get A Cash Back Credit Card
To make the most of our purchase, we’re first going to get us a Cash Back Credit Card that gives us the most cash back on all purchases. With their Double Cash Back Promotion, we’re going to suggest the Discover It Card. Normally they give you 1% cash back on all purchases, but if you apply before September 30th it will double, making it 2%.
There’s also a lot of other great benefits with this card, which is why I recommend everyone get a Discover It at one point or another. There’s no annual fee and even comes with an incredible shopping portal to get more cash back called Discover Deals. Let’s take a quick look at the card:
- No annual fee
- 2% cash back on all purchases (with promotion)
- 10% cash back on categories that rotate quarterly at a cap of $1,500 (with promotion)
- No international fees
- Free FICO credit score on every statement
- Cash back portal to get even more savings (up to 40% off)
- Accepted at over 9.6 million retailers nationwide
If you don’t want to go with the Discover It Card for whatever reason, we recommend the Citi Double Cash Card. It gives you 2% on all purchases. To find out more about the Double Cash Back Promotion, you can read this article here.
2. Sign-Up For The TopCashBack Shopping Portal
Shopping portals are websites that partner with thousands of online retailers. They post affiliate links to these retailers, and when you click on a link and buy something (such as a link to Amazon), they receive a commission and give a portion of that to you in the form of cash back.
TopCashBack is going to help us get that extra bit of savings when it comes to Sports Authority. While it may not seem like much sense right now why you’re going to sign-up, just keep following the steps to find out why this is going to be important.
To sign-up for TopCashBack, click this link here. You’re going to need to enter your name, email, and some other personal information to get started.
3. Sign-Up For A Cardpool Account
Cardpool is an online gift card reseller, and is the place where we’re going to purchase our Sports Authority gift card. However, don’t make the purchase just yet. First we just need to register an account.
4. Search For Cardpool On TopCashBack
Now go back to TopCashBack and type in the search bar “Cardpool.” Click on the link that says “Get Cashback Now.” You’ll notice that everything you buy on Cardpool by using the TopCashBack link will give you 2% cash back.
Once you click on the link, you’re going to be redirected to the Cardpool website. From there we can make our actual purchase of the gift card.
5. Buy The Sports Authority Gift Card
Now that we’re on the Cardpool website, we can search for Sports Authority in the search box. There should be gift cards available for up to 19% off. Sometimes this number will vary slightly, depending on what cards they have in stock, yet it’s usually right around this number.
When you make the purchase, just be sure to use your Discover It Card to gain an additional 2% off. You’ll be getting an additional 2% off by clicking the Cardpool link on TopCashBack. So far we are at 23% in savings.
Note: Keep in mind that you need to earn a minimum of $5 dollars in cash back to cash out with TopCashBack. If you use this portal for all of your online purchases, you should be able to get there in no time.
6. Use Another Portal To Make Your Sports Authority Purchase
We already know how to use a cash back portal when buying a gift card, so why can’t we double dip and do it again when making our final purchase? Even if
The cash back portal that gives you the highest cash back for online Sports Authority is TopCashBack once again. This time go ahead and type in “Sports Authority” in the search bar.
You’ll notice that every purchase you make on the Sports Authority webpage by using the TopCashBack link will save you 4%. Just make sure the gift card that you purchased during checkout. Even if the gift card doesn’t cover the full amount, you can still use your cash back credit card to cover the rest.
Let’s do a quick recap on the cash back amount that we’ve earned so far using these steps.
- 2% Cash back using the Discover It Card when buying a gift card
- 2% Cash back using TopCashBack to Cardpool
- 19% off the gift card you bought at Cardpool
- 4% off using TopCashback to make our final purchase
Add all of this up and we save 27% off of everything you buy on Sports Authority. Even if you don’t want your product delivered to your door, you can request store pickup upon checkout on their webpage.
If you’re going to be doing any shopping at Sports Authority, make sure you’re getting the most cash back out of every purchase. Even if you refuse to make an online purchase and want to give the gift card to someone, you’re still going to get 23% off instead of the full 27%.
Using the methods above, I was able to get a $100 pair of shoes for just $73. If you have any comments or questions, don’t be afraid to leave them down below. Otherwise, thanks for reading and happy frugaling!