WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- Webull: Earn 2 free stocks of value between $5 - $1,400 when you open a new account and make your first deposit of any amount. Open Your Webull Account Now
We all know the great benefits of riding with a Lyft driver, mostly due to their lower rates and friendly drivers. For those of you who think that something is still missing, you can now get Starbucks coffee by request on your next Lyft adventure.
How Does This Work?
There are two things that most people do every morning: commute to work and grab a coffee. Lyft and Starbucks decided to save you some time by taking one of these factors away. Now all you have to do is commute. Starbucks and Lyft share a lot of the same type of customers.
Each time you take a ride with Lyft, you earn points on your Starbucks Loyalty Program. You also have the option of tipping your driver with a coffee instead of using cash. Drivers too can also enroll and earn free points each time they pick up a new passenger and are automatically upgraded to “Gold Status.”
Not familiar with the Starbucks Loyalty Program? We go into more detail in our article regarding 7 Ways To Save At Starbucks here.
What Does This Mean For The Future?
This also means that Starbucks has opened its doors for delivery, announcing that it’s going to begin sending drinks to your home starting in October.
This doesn’t just include coffee, but can also include some other the other goods that Starbucks has to offer such as pastries, juices, smoothies, and sandwiches. They’ve never been shy about their expansion.
Starbucks originally considered going with the other taxi service called Uber, but instead opted out and decided to go with Lyft. This means that the taxi giant is going to have to consider other ways to compete.
For Starbucks employees, the two companies are collaborating giving free rides for their employees to and from work to help them save money on gas, but only when “they need them the most.”
On June 30th of 2015, Lyft was offering free Starbucks with select drivers in select cities to all passengers from 12 PM – 5 PM. There will be more promotions in the future, and we’ll be sure to keep you updated the next time around.
How Do I Get Coffee From The App?
If you’ve downloaded the Lyft app and noticed that there’s no option for Starbucks, that just means that it’s not yet available in your city (currently available in 65 different cities across the nation). Getting Starbucks can be done in 3 simple steps.
2. Select the SBUX option. On your Lyft app you’ll notice that there’s an option to select SBUX. If you’re in the mood for coffee, select it!
3. Wait. Track your driver’s ETA or wait for the Lyft to notify you when he/she arrives. The amount for the coffee will automatically be deducted from your tab. Enjoy your coffee!
Be sure to check back here for updates on when Starbucks offers their next promotion for free coffee. By combining coffee with Lyft, you save that much more time in your day. If you’re interested in making money as a driver, you can read about how to earn $6,000/month using your car as a taxi.
If you have any thoughts of questions, please feel free to leave them in the comments below. Again, thanks for reading and happy frugaling!