WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
Swagbucks is a great way for those who need some extra cash. It’s one of the most popular rewards site on the web, and they’ve already given out millions of dollars. However, most of the tasks that you can participate in require a lot of work. We’re going to show you how with almost no effort you can earn an extra $70 per month.
What Is SwagBucks
Swagbucks is an online rewards site that pays you to complete tasks on the internet. This includes watching videos, completing surveys, taking daily polls and completing free-trial offers. Each time you complete a task, you’re awarded a certain amount of points. Each point is equivalent to 1 cent.
The more time and effort you put into earning points with Swagbucks, the more points you will earn and hence more money into your pocket.
The only problem with all of these methods that they are very time-consuming. We don’t want to be constantly active on our computer trying to earn these points, so we’ll try to find a way to get points without hardly doing any work.
Fortunately, there is a way to let Swagbucks to run constantly on your phone without you doing any work except for hitting the start button. Points will be added into your account without any supervision or moderation.
One of the ways to earn points on Swagbucks is by watching videos. Fortunately, Swagbucks has come out with an app for watching these videos straight from your smartphone.
The Swagbucks TV app allows you to run videos without need for any interference. All you have to do is hit start to run the videos. Videos will automatically play from one to the next without the need for you to hit a “next video” button.
The maximum amount of points that you can earn from this app alone is only 50 points, and I usually find that letting the app run (usually while I sleep) for about 3 hours lets me earn these points. This of course depends on your phone and your internet connection.
To be exact, you get 2 points per five videos watched, so in order to get the 50 points you need to watch 125 videos per day. To receive the points in the shortest amount of time, I recommend you watch the Home and Garden videos, as they are usually the shortest.
As previously stated, 1 Swagbuck is equivalent to about 1 cent. With the Swagbucks TV app, the most we can make in one day only 50 points, or 1500 points a month. This is only equal to $15 dollars a month in passive income instead of the $70 mentioned in the post title.
Using the Swagbucks TV app alone isn’t enough, so we’re going to have to use another app called EntertaiNow. Keep in mind that both of these apps are completely free of charge, so don’t worry about spending money.
Just like the app above, EntertaiNow works in the exact same way, but with two main differences:
- It pays 2 Swagbucks per 10 videos watched.
- You can earn a maximum of 120 Swagbucks per day.
The shortest videos tend to be under the “TV Spots” video section. In order to reach the maximum amount of daily points with this app, you need to watch a total of 600 videos. This usually takes me about 5 hours to complete, again depending on your internet connection and speed.
With the EntertaiNow app alone, you can earn a total of 3,600 points a month, which comes out to about $36 dollars. Take the $15 a month from Swagbucks TV and you’re now at a total of $51 dollars per month.
There is a small exception that helps you get a little more money when you redeem your points.
How to Redeem Your Points For Cash
Swagbucks makes it very simple to trade in your points for cash. After logging into your account, click the “Rewards” tab at the very top of the page. This should take you to a page where you can redeem points for prizes. After scrolling down a bit further, you’ll notice an Amazon gift card for $5 dollars.
Each $5 Amazon gift card can be redeemed for 450 points, meaning that each point you earn is actually worth about 1.11 cents. This is the most economical option. I don’t recommend buying any of the other gift cards. If you do, you’re not getting the maximum amount out of your Swagbucks points, and each point is only equivalent to 1 cent.
We mentioned that we get 3,600 points per month from the EntertaiNow and 1,500 from Swagbucks TV. This means there’s a total of 5,100 points earned per month. Let’s look at the math to see how much money we get from only redeeming $5 Amazon gift cards.
Swagbucks TV app points + EntertaiNow app points = 3,600 + 1,500 = 5,100 points per month
By taking 5,100 points divided by 450 points, we can figure out the total amount of Amazon gift cards we get in a month. 5,100 by 450 = 11.33 Amazon gift cards. Each Amazon gift card is equivalent to $5. With 11 cards a month, 11.33 x $5 = $56.67 in Amazon gift cards per month. Of course you can’t buy a fraction of a card, so a portion of your savings will rollover to next month.
The only problem is that this doesn’t match the $70 figure in our post title. There’s still a few things that we left out.
Meeting Your Daily Goals and Winning Streaks
Swagbucks is willing to give you even more points just for constantly earning through their webpage. There are three ways in which you can be rewarded extra passive income.
1. Swagbucks has a small section called “Daily Goals” that can be found on the left sidebar of the account page when you log-in. Make sure to activate it immediately after creating and account.
Each time you earn a certain amount of points per day, you are awarded bonus points for reaching your goal. For example, my current daily goal is set at 30 Swagbucks. Once I earn 30, I’m automatically granted a bonus of 3 Swagbucks. I can get this from using the SwagbucksTV app alone.
2. The second way to earn extra points is by reaching your Total Goal. The total goal works just like the Daily Goal, except the required points you need to earn are a little bit higher. Mine is currently set at an extra 10 Swagbucks per 109 earned.
3. The other way to earn passive income is through “winning streaks,” or the amount of times you meet your daily goal. Did you reach your daily goal every day this week? Here’s a bonus 25 Swagbucks. Wait, you met it every day this entire month? Here’s a bonus 300 Swagbucks! Streaks are earned only by reaching your daily goal.
- Reaching the Daily Goal every day of the month: 90 Swagbucks per month
- Reaching the Total Goal every day of the month: 300 Swagbucks per month
- Completing your Winning Streak for 30 days straight: 300 Swagbucks per month
- Total from these 3 methods = 690 Swagbucks per month
Swagbucks from the Daily Goal, Total Goal and Winning Streak are paid out on the 5th of every month.
We’ve already calculated that we can earn $56 dollars a month in gift cards without these 3 methods. Since we are getting an extra 690 points per month, we’re actually earning an extra $7.22 dollars per month. This brings our total to $63.22 per month earned on Swagbucks.
This still doesn’t match our highest potential earnings. There’s still one more step.
Note: Keep in mind that these points may differ depending on how active you are on Swagbucks. Daily Goal rewards increase over time the more you complete it and the more SB you earn per day. This means the more you participate, the more you earn. I’m trying to demonstrate the lowest amount possible.
The Swagbucks Accelerator is only for the very avid Swagbucks user and those dedicated to earning Swagbucks every day. The reason for this is because you actually have to pay for this service. Here’s the current cost:
At an extra 1,500 points per month using the Accelerator Plus Service, we’re able to earn an additional $16.66 in Amazon gift cards per month. Unfortunately, we have to subtract the $9.99 we paid for the service. Let’s calculate the new total:
An additional $16.66 per month – $9.99 for Accelerator Plus = $6.67
From previous calculations, we can earn up to $63.22 per month. Add the extra $6.67 per month and here’s what we get:
Total Earnings Per Month = $69.89.
Keep in mind that this number will likely be slightly more, as your Daily Goal and Winning Streak earnings will increase over time the more you complete them.
Again, I only recommend Swagbucks Accelerator if you’re dedicated to earning Swagbucks this way and don’t mind getting Amazon gift cards. Otherwise, you’ll just be losing money if you don’t use it.
How Do I Get Started?
If you want to get started, here’s a quick step-by-step guide on everything we stated and how to sign-up:
- Register for an account. Complete your profile. Just by signing-up you are automatically granted a couple of points.
- Use the sign-up code “HIP70” to get free 70 Swagbucks (make sure to click the box that says “I have a promotional code.”)
- Turn on Daily Goals by clicking the “activate daily goals” button found on the left sidebar.
- Verify your account through Email.
- Click here to download the Swagbucks TV app and here to download the EntertaiNow app.
- Click here to sign-up for Swagbucks Accelerator.
- Start earning through the two apps while you sleep.
Since I work and have a full-time job, and don’t really want to keep track of Swagbucks, I used the Amazon gift cards I earned to purchase a phone just for this website.
I recommend the Kyocera Hydro Smartphone since it’s cheap and is very reliable in running the apps. There’s no need to sign-up for their service, just use the wifi available. You can usually find it on Amazon for as low as $20.
This is a very easy way to make some extra cash online. To earn even more in passive income through Swagbucks, the best thing you can do is refer your friends by using your own referral link.
In order to get started, it may take some time in order to understand the steps involved in making money with Swagbucks. Once you get settled, you’ll be making money by simply doing nothing.
For more information on how to earn additional points through Swagbucks, check out my complete guide. If you liked this guide and are looking for other ways to earn passive income, find out how to make $250 extra a month in passive income through Perk TV.
If you have any questions or anything you’d like to add, please feel free to do so in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!