WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
In our previous article, we mentioned how you can take pictures of your daily lifestyle and earn cash through an app called Iconzoomer. A company called Foap works much in the same way. Take pictures via your smartphone, and if it sells you get $5 dollars.
What Is Foap?
Featured on CNN and The New York Times, Foap is an online marketplace that stocks photos taken by the average photographer via their smartphone device. Once your photo is uploaded to the Foap database, it is automatically listed for sale to anyone who wants to buy it for $10 dollars. If your photo sells, you get half of that – $5 dollars.
The goal of Foap is to provide beautiful photos from across the globe that would easily be accessible to buyers. It consists of a community of truly compassionate photographers who can earn some extra side-income for their hobby, or for those who wish to make a living off of it.
Even if you don’t want to sell your photos, you can also create your very own web portfolio. Other Foapers will leave feedback on your photos to rate the quality of your shot. There are no upload limits and you can upload directly via your smartphone from your iOS or Android device.
For those of you serious about making cash from selling your photos online, it’s best to use the highest-quality smartphone camera that you can. The three current phones with the highest-quality cameras rated by CNET in 2015 are the Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Note 4, and the Apple iPhone 6.
However, these can cost upwards of $800 dollars. If you’re looking for a smartphone within a decent price range and a decent camera, we recommend this 5 Megapixel Nokia Lumia 525 for only $75.
There’s no limit to the amount of photos uploaded and photos can be of anything provided that they don’t contain any pornographic or vulgar content.
How Can I Sign-Up And Get Started With Foap?
It’s not complicated to sign-up with Foap. We’re here to show you how it can be done in 5 easy steps.
1. Register. You can register for an account by going to foap.com and clicking the sign-up button in the upper-right-hand corner. Select the photographer option if you want to sell photos or photo buyer if you wish to purchase photos. If you’re a photographer, you can directly download the app and register via the App Store or Google Play Store.
2. Create an account. Once you have the app downloaded, you can register a new account using your email or Facebook account. Create a username and password and then verify your email to get setup.
3. Select a photo. Once you have a photo taken or would like to take a photo, select the camera button at the bottom of the screen. Allow Foap to access your albums. You cannot select screenshots, and you need to verify that you were the one who took the photo.
4. Leave a description. You’ll be asked to leave some details about the photo such as a title, a quick description, and tags.
5. License your photo. Foap will ask if there are people in your picture. If there are, follow the necessary steps. If not, your photo can be immediately sold for Commercial use. Tap on the check button in the corner to upload the photo. You will also need to rate 5 other photos before yours will be listed on the marketplace.
Wait until your photo gets sold and you’ll receive $5 dollars in your Foap account. Payments can be made via PayPal. Upload as many photos as you want! The more photos you have, the more sales you will make.
How Much Money Can I Expect To Make?
This is a difficult question to answer. The better your photos in terms of quality and picture content, the more photos you’re going to sell. It only takes a few minutes to upload a photo, yet sometimes it takes a long time before one of your photos actually gets sold.
Instead of uploading your photos to Instagram, why not upload it to Foap instead? This way you can create your own personal album on the web along with the opportunity to make some extra cash. Just don’t edit your photos as Foap wants them to be as natural-looking as possible.
People, emotions, and beautiful scenery is going to sell a lot more easily than any random picture. Tagging is extremely important for buyers to find a photo that they’re looking for. Make sure not to skimp over this portion.
If you’re serious about selling photos on Foap, we recommend the Nokia Lumia 525 Smartphone. It has a 5 megapixel camera and you can buy it for just $75 dollars on Amazon. It’s one of the cheapest smartphones around with a decent camera.
There are a few important things I want you to take note of when using Foap.
- If you’re taking pictures of someone, be sure to get permission before you upload their photo in order to avoid legal issues down the road.
- Photos need to be as natural as possible and taken with a smartphone in order to get approved. Don’t bother editing them.
- Tag images appropriately. This will make it easier for buyers to find photos that they are looking for, so spend some time on this.
- Only about 40% of the photos get approved by Foap. You need to make sure that your photo is both artistic, natural and as high as quality as possible.
- If you sell a photo on Foap, the buyer gets non-exclusive rights to the image. This means that you still maintain the copyright and can sell the photo as many times as you want.
I personally enjoy taking pictures in my spare time, but Foap has made it easy for me to make some extra cash in the process. I personally recommend starting with a gallery of no more than 50 photos and see where it goes from there.
If you’ve used Foap before, I’d be really curious about how many images you’ve sold. Please leave any questions or comments below. Thanks for reading and happy photo-taking!