WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- Webull: Earn 2 free stocks of value between $5 - $1,400 when you open a new account and make your first deposit of any amount. Open Your Webull Account Now
We all know that exercise is something we should be doing, but sometimes it can be difficult to find the right motivation to get off the couch. What if you were paid to exercise? If you need money to motivate you, the Gympact App will pay you for creating and sticking to your own workout goals.
What Is The Gympact App?
Gympact is a free mobile app that can be installed on your iOS or Android device and pays you to commit to your fitness goals. All it takes is to make a weekly pact to either eat healthier, exercise more or both. You use the app to keep track of your progress and you can earn money for living a healthy lifestyle.
It may seem like a joke that you can set your own exercise goal and then simply state that you’re keeping your promise, but that’s not what the creators of Gympact had in mind when they developed this app.
The goal is to make reasonable goals so that you can improve your lifestyle and keep you “motivated, fit and healthy.” The cash is just an added bonus.
Don’t want to exercise but just want to lead a healthier lifestyle? Not a problem. Gympact offers a commitment for three different types of health goals:
- Veggie Pact – Keep track of how many fruits and vegetables you eat per week.
- Gym Pact – Commit to exercising more (running, biking, etc.).
- Food Log Pact – Keep track of what you eat and keep a running log of all your meals.
In order to keep members honest, a GPS, photos and other methods are used to verify your actions that count toward your goals. For more information about what kind of verification takes place you can read their FAQ.
So Where Does All Of This Free Money Come From?
There is a penalty for those who can’t keep their workout promises. When you reach your fitness goals you’ll be paid, but when you fail them you have to pay. The money you receive for completing your pact comes from other members who can’t.
This is why I only recommend this app for those who are serious about committing to their fitness goals, especially since you usually have to pay a lot more money for missing a goal than you get to complete it.
Don’t worry if you want to quit or take a break and are worried about paying the penalty. The creators understand that breaks are a natural part of life and you set a break before a new pact begins or quit using the app all together.
Usually members who sign-up for the app complete their goals (since paying money is a huge motivator for not). There is currently a 92% success rate for everyone who signs up and over 10 million users worldwide.
How Much Can I Make?
The amount of money you make depends on your fitness goals and how many pacts you are willing to sign-up for. The more you do, the more you can gain. This also means the more money you can lose.
- The Food Pact pays a maximum of $1.40/week.
- The Gym Pact pays a maximum of $3.50/week.
- The Veggie Pact pays a maximum of $7.00/week.
While the Veggie Pact has the highest payout, it requires you to eat 35 fruits and vegetables per week. If you decide to do all 3 pacts, you can earn a maximum of $47.60 dollars per month.
That’s a really good deal considering that you’re getting paid to be healthy. Just be sure to not miss and of your goals. Each time you miss a goal you pay $5 dollars each time.
Let’s say you make a pact to eat 35 fruits and vegetables a week but only eat 30. You’re going to have to pay for each of the 5 times that you didn’t eat for a total of $25.00. It can get quite costly after a while.
How Do I Start Using Gympact?
It’s fairly simple to sign-up for the Gympact App, but there are a few things you should be aware of. Here we break it down into 5 steps.
1. Download the app. The app is compatible with both Android and iOS devices. Once installed type in your email and your name in order to create an account. Some employers have a deal worked out with Gympact, so make sure to ask if your company has one.
2. Select your pact. You’ll be asked to select one of the three pacts: gym, veggie or food. Select the one that best fits your goals. If you select veggies, for example, you’ll be asked to select how many veggies you want to eat per week.
3. Enter your payment information. Gympact takes your committment very seriously. You need to either enter in your credit card information or your Paypal.
4. Sync accounts. Gympact works with other apps to keep track of your fitness goals. The Food Pact relies on an app called MyFitnessPal that allows you to log your food. Gympact will walk you through the steps to sync the app or if you need to download it, so don’t worry if you don’t know how. Just click the “Connect” button and follow the steps.
5. Earn money and cash out. Keep a daily log for your pact and make sure not to miss any days or you’ll be forced to pay up. Each pact will have different ways of verifying that you’re keeping up with your fitness goals.
On the homescreen you can keep track of your goal. If you want to pause or take a break, you can click on the settings tab in the upper-left-hand corner. This way you don’t have to worry about paying.
Deleting the app does not make you exempt from not paying, so make sure to pause it or schedule a break.If you want to delete your account, log-in to gym-pact.com and there will be an option to delete it. Congratulations on your way to a healthier lifestyle and earning some extra cash in the process.
Gympact is a great way to add some motivation to your workout routine. Just remember that the purpose of the app is to lead a healthier lifestyle. You have to go through a verification process for each pact you decide to make, so make sure you’ll go through with it or be willing to pay up.
Check with your employer to see if they have some type of agreement with Gympact and you might be able to get an added bonus.
It’s never too late to start getting in shape. Let us know about your experience with Gympact in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling.