Want to Earn Some Extra Money?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short time. Join LifePoints Now For a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
If you’re a native English speaker, there’s actually a lot of jobs that you can do just by using your native tongue. NativeTalk is a free mobile app that pays you to speak English with students and teach them. No experience required, and it’s one of the easiest jobs that you’ll ever have.
What Is NativeTalk?
As mentioned above, NativeTalk is a free mobile app that pays you to perform the service of teaching a foreigner how to speak the English language. It’s currently only available for iOS, but is soon coming out to Android.
My favorite part is that it’s totally dependent on your hours – you get to teach where you want when you want, and you can teach as little or as much as you want. This makes it excellent for some side income for those who already have full-time jobs.
While it doesn’t hurt to have teaching experience, there’s none required. In fact, there have been numerous cases of English teachers that make a decent sum of money from NativeTalk who had started teaching from complete scratch.
Yet the one thing that sets NativeTalk apart from most English teaching apps is that you need to have some sort of certification, whether it be an ESL certificate or simply just a bachelor’s degree. Without either of these, you won’t be able to complete a profile and thus won’t be able to go through their verification process.
Keep in mind that all classes will be given over video and via their app, so you will need to have some sort of smartphone. Furthermore, students will also be able to leave reviews, so we highly recommend preparing and being professional during tutoring sessions.
How Much Can I Earn?
NativeTalk pays you at a rate of $.20 cents per minute or roughly $12 per hour. Payment is give out every Sunday based on the amount of minutes you teach per week. This is actually a great thing since you get paid per minute as opposed to being paid by the hour.
You’ll need to make sure that your PayPal account is correct since this is their only form of payment. If you try and teach without verification beforehand, a lot of the teaching materials won’t be available and you also won’t be able to teach.
How Do I Get Started With NativeTalk?
NativeTalk is an incredibly easy app to use and it only takes 3 steps to get started and ready to teach.
1. Register. You can register for the app by first downloading it from the App Store for Apple devices by clicking this link here. Currently there’s no Android version. To sign-up you’ll just need to enter in your name and verify an email code.
2. Verify your profile. Verifying your profile consists of uploading a picture, a university or teaching certificate and filling out a short introduction. Make sure to put a bit of time into the introduction since this is what students will be looking at before they decide to be taught under you.
3. Cash out. Payments are made every Sunday no matter what the amount, and they will be automatically be sent to your PayPal account. If you want to make more money teaching English using apps, we suggest that you use these 5 services as well in order to help supplement your income.
NativeTalk is a great way to earn some extra cash whether you’re a native speaker or have a good command of the English language. Hours are based on your own schedule, and you can teach as little or as much as you want. If you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to leave them down below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!
My name is Jason Wuerch and I'm currently located in Madrid, Spain running a personal finance blog called Frugal For Less. My goal is to help everyone and anyone willing to make and save money through easy and simple ways that don't require much effort. Just because you're frugal doesn't mean you have to give up life's luxuries.