WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
Fuel costs are continually on the rise. On the west side of the country, you can expect fuel prices at $3 dollars and climbing. A good way to save a little bit of money is to find the cheapest gas prices in your area. One way to do this quickly is with an app called Gas Buddy.
What Is Gas Buddy?
Gas Buddy is a free mobile app available for both iOS and Android devices that helps you find the cheapest gas prices from your current location.
The app does this by grabbing your current location and then comparing gas prices from all gas stations around you. Gas Buddy will rank gas stations either by closest distance or by price, all dependent on your choice.
The way Gas Buddy can quickly stay up-to-date on gas prices is through its users. You and other Gas Buddy members will enter gas prices of gas stations as you drive by, and Gas Buddy will only list that gas price if three total members report the same exact price.
What’s the incentive for reporting prices? Each time you report a gas price you are given points. These points can be used to enter a drawing to win $100 dollars in free fuel! Other ways to earn points are to watch pop-up videos that sometimes appear while using the app.
How Do I Get Started Using Gas Buddy?
Signing-up and using Gas Buddy is very easy and can be done in 3 simple steps.
3. Find gas prices. Type in your zip code or have the Gas Buddy app find your location. Click on “Find Gas Near Me” and you’ll be shown a list.
4. Report gas prices. Earn points to enter drawings to win a $100 gift card toward your next gas purchase by reporting gas prices. I do this for every gas station I see when I’m out on the street.
Gas Buddy offers you a quick and easy way to find the cheapest gas prices in your area. If you’re looking for some other tips and tricks to save on gas, you can read 10 Of Saving 15% On Gas.
If you have any questions or comments, or would like to report your experience with using Gas Buddy, feel free to leave them in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!