WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
Walmart isn’t usually my favorite place to shop at, but if there’s one thing I can’t beat it’s their low prices. Sometimes I can even find ways to find 12% off on all purchases by using the frugal tricks covered on this blog, but I almost always prefer Amazon or some other competitor if I can help it.
However, the frugal side usually gets the best of me. This is what Walmart is known for – saving money. With their Savings Catcher program/app, now there’s even a chance to save even more… something I didn’t think would even be possible.
In a nutshell, the Walmart Savings Catcher allows customers who have already purchased an item be refunded the difference of a lower price found somewhere else. The best part is that you don’t have to go look for a price, as Walmart automatically does it for you! Some of you may be familiar with this practice from using credit cards that offer purchase protection. However, this only works if you find a cheaper product.
For example, let’s say you purchase a toy at Walmart for $10 dollars. When you scan your receipt to the Savings Catcher app or type in your receipt number, Walmart automatically does a scan in your local area for the same toy at a lower price. If they find it at let’s say $8 dollars, they’ll refund you the $2 dollar difference in the form of a Walmart egift card sent to your email inbox or credit on your Bluebird American Express Card.
For those of you who are frequent shoppers at Walmart, this is a great way to cash in on a few extra bucks that you otherwise might be missing out on. Even if you aren’t sure if you’re going to save money, you might as well use the app just in case. All it takes is a simple scan or typing in your receipt number on the Savings Catcher Website. Online purchases work as well.
How Exactly Do I Use Walmart Savings Catcher?
It’s pretty self-explanatory on how to use Walmart Savings Catcher and can be done in 3 easy steps.
1. Create an account. If you don’t already have a Walmart account, you’ll need to create one here and log-in. It’s completely free and doesn’t take much time.
2. Enter information. After creating an account/logging-in, you’ll need to enter in your receipt information. This only includes your receipt number along with the date of purchase. You can use e-receipts as well.
All of these steps can either be done directly from the Savings Catcher website or through the mobile phone app.
There are a few things you might want to be aware of when using the Savings Catcher app.
- You can only scan receipts that are 7 days old or newer.
- The maximum amount you can claim in gift cards from Savings Catcher per year is $599.99.
- Price comparisons are only made with digital ads from large, retail corporations in your area. If it’s a small shop, there’s a good chance Walmart won’t check their price.
- Certain types of promotions don’t qualify, such as going out of business, etc.
- Savings Catcher does not do a price compare with other store brands.
This is a great way to get some extra cash back for those who frequently shop at Walmart. Even if you’re unsure if you qualify for a savings, you might as well upload your receipt information and give it a try just in case. You never know when you’re going to save a few dollars by trying.
Tell us your thoughts on the Walmart Savings Catcher by leaving them in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!