WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
With the use of just a few apps and programs, we’re going to show you how to save 13% on ALL Ebay purchases no matter what you buy, with a maximum cash back rate of 17%. Take note that the amount may change, but using this method will generally result in the highest discount when buying on Ebay.
1. Get A Cash Back Credit Card
We’re going to want a credit card that gives you the highest amount of cash back on all purchases. There are a few credit cards that offer this, but we recommend going with the Citi Double Cash Card.
Without an annual fee, it gives you 2% off all purchases, 1% when you make a transaction and 1% when you pay your bill. There’s no cap to the amount of cash back earned with your first payment waived.
Here’s a quick glance at what it has to offer:
- No Annual Fee
- 2% Cash Back On All Purchases
- Incredible Citi Benefits
- Free Concierge Service
- First Late Payment Waived
So far this brings our cash back amount to 2%, but we can do a lot better.
2. Download The GiftMe App
GiftMe is a fairly new mobile app that’s free for both Android and iOS devices. You can use it to either buy gift cards at a discount, or sell the ones that you don’t want. In short, it’s a mobile marketplace for those to exchange gift cards.
One of the great things about GiftMe is that when you purchase a gift card, it gets displayed in your “wallet” in your app immediately – you don’t have to wait hours for it to be sent to your inbox.
Right now the GiftMe app is selling Ebay Gift Cards at 10% off. Out of all the other gift card vendors, you won’t be able to find a rate this high. Just make sure to use your Citi Card when you purchase the Ebay Gift Card. With these 2 combined, we’re at a total cash back of 12%.
3. Use A Portal To Make Your Purchase
Now that you have your Ebay Gift Card in hand, it’s time to use it. Yet before we make the final purchase, we first want to go through what’s called a cash back portal. These portals are websites that give you a commission for using their affiliate links.
The cash back portal that currently offers the highest amount of cash back for Ebay purchases is Ebates. Most purchases through their links get you 1% back, but if you purchase under certain categories you can get a maximum cash back of 5% (e.g. Sporting Good get you 5% back).
Search for Ebay in their search bar and click on any of their links to be redirected to the Ebay page. From there, make your purchase like you normally would and your cash back will be credited to your account within 30 days.
Sign-up is 100% free. Once you reach a minimum balance of $20 you can request them to send you a check or make a deposit to your PayPal account. Here are some other helpful links:
- What Is A Cashback Portal?
- Top 10 Cash Back Portals
- Why Discover Deals Is One Of The Best Shopping Portals
Let’s Add It Up
Now that we’ve made our purchase, let’s do a quick toll of the steps we went through and how much we saved:
- Cash Back Credit Card – 2%
- Discounted Ebay Gift Card Through GiftMe – 10%
- Ebates Cash Back Portal – 1% – 5%
Adding these all up we get a total cash back of 13% with a maximum amount of 17%.
This is a great way to quickly save on Ebay without doing a lot of work. If you’re buying something expensive, it’s definitely worth it to save an extra 13%. If you have anything that you’d like to add on how you can save money on Ebay, we’d greatly appreciate it if you let us know in the comments below!