WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
Acorn Hunt is a free mobile app that pays you to complete random tasks from your phone. This includes watching videos, giving feedback and more. Thousands in rewards are paid out on a weekly basis with higher-end tasks having a payout of up to $25.
What Is Acorn Hunt?
Acorn Hunt (referral code JWUERCH for sign-up bonus) is available for both iOS and Android devices and was designed to help the average consumer earn some extra cash on the side by completing simple tasks. This app has been featured by popular media outlets such as CNET, WSJ, ABC and NBC.
Each time you complete a task you are awarded in the form of Acorns. The amount of acorns you earn completely depends on the task, and all payouts are made directly to PayPal. You’ll need a minimum of $10 in acorns before you’re able to cash out.
4 acorns is equal to $.01 cent, but you’ll need a minimum of 4,000 before you can claim your first reward. Here are the current activities that you can complete to earn acorns:
- Download Apps
- Daily Poll
- Watching Videos
- Free-Trial Offers
- Store Check-Ins
- Refer Friends
Given the high variety of tasks available on the app, we recommend that you only participate in a few as to not waste your time on ones with such a low payout. We’ll cover this in more detail below, but first let’s setup.
How Do I Sign-Up With Acorn Hunt?
You can get started and start earning cash with Acorn Hunt in just 5 easy steps.
1. Download and register. You can download the app for either iOS or Android devices. Once the app is installed to your smartphone, open it and click the “Rewards” tab found at the lower-left-hand corner of the app. Click on your account settings and enter in your name, email, and create a password to get started. Use referral code JWUERCH to get a $.50 cent bonus on sign-up and to help support FFL. We’d greatly appreciate it!
2. Complete tasks. You can click either the “Play” tab or “Work” tab to view a list of offers that are available. If you don’t want to bother sorting through all of them, we’ll cover the most profitable ones in more detail below. All tasks that you’ve completed will be stored under the “My Tasks” tab.
3. Redeem rewards. Once you earn 4,000 acorns ($10 in cash), you’ll be able to make a direct deposit to PayPal. Payments are made within 7 business days, but you’ll usually receive it much sooner than that.
4. Refer a friend. Referring friends is one of then eat ways to earn cash with Acorn Hunt. Each time your friend signs up using your referral code, they get $.50 cents after completing their first task, and you get 10% of all of their earnings for 20 days up to a maximum of $50 per referral. Facebook and Twitter are a great way to promote your code. Thanks to all who use our code!
How Much Can I Expect To Earn With Acorn Hunt?
The amount you earn entirely depends on the task at hand, yet we estimate that you could easily make $15 dollars a month with minimal effort if you complete the tasks that require little work. We’re going to break down which tasks are recommended and which are not.
Daily Pulse – Recommended
Daily Pulse pays you 4 acorns for answering 2 poll questions per day. This takes roughly 5 seconds to complete, and should be completed each time you log-in for some quick points.
Silver Offers – Recommended
This section includes either sign-up offers or pays you to download apps. We do not recommend that you sign-up for anything that requires credit card information as it will usually cost you more than you’re going to make (unless of course you’re generally interested in that product). That’s why we suggest just downloading apps, earning you anywhere from 10 – 2,500 acorns per download. All that’s required is installation and trying it out.
Diamond Videos – Recommended
In this section, watch app trailers and install the apps for acorns, getting you 10 – 40 acorns per installation. Downloading apps is by far the easiest way to earn cash with this app.
Crystal Offers – Not Recommended
Crystal Offers usually entails that you need to enter in some type of payment information or sign-up for a free trial. If you find an offer that doesn’t require such information, go for it. Otherwise, be wary of what you sign-up for.
Space Rock Offers – Highly Recommended
This section is sponsored by Persona.ly and consists of downloading apps and running them. This section has a lot higher payout than others that require app downloads, earning you anywhere from 50 – 300 acorns per download. Unfortunately, most of these tasks are only available for iOS devices.
Sapphire Surveys – Not Recommended
Unless you like completing surveys, stay away from this section. You’ll end up spending a lot of time just for answering a few simple questions, time that could’ve been spent completing other tasks for a higher payout.
Work – Highly Recommended
You can find all of these tasks under the “Work” tab at the bottom of the screen. Usually the only requirement is to simply check-in before, during, or after your visit to a particular retailer in your area. Even small cities should have a large list that shows up. Other times you’ll be asked to purchase a product and leave your feedback on it. For example, They’re offering 1,200 ($3 dollars) for me to try alcohol at a nearby restaurant.
Each of these tasks has a great payout, anywhere from 80 – 1,200 acorns, and it only takes a quick second to check-in. Just be sure to turn on your location settings with this app in order for it to scan participating retailers in your area.
Acorn Hunt is a great way to earn some extra cash in your spare time. Due to the fact that I have been on a crunch for time, I tend to only complete check-in tasks under the “Work” category. It’s the least time-consuming, and since I turned on notifications it reminds me each time I’m at a retailer that I’m able to earn points at.
Just by checking back a few times a week, you can expect to earn anywhere from $15 – $25 per month depending on the task. If you have any questions or would like to leave comments regarding your experience with this app, feel free to do so in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!