WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
Many people know that it’s possible to make money online. Paid survey sites and freelance jobs are pretty popular, but they aren’t your only choices. In recent years, many get paid to (GPT) sites started featuring games.
In this post, I’ve covered 11 sites and apps that pay you to play games. These sites and apps are 100% legit ways to make money and also 100% free to use.
Each of them has unique features that I’ve highlighted below. There are many different payment options available, too. From PayPal cash to Amazon gift cards, you’ll find a bit of everything on this list.
Read on to see what paid game sites appeal to you.
Swagbucks is hands down one of the most popular paid game sites. At any given time, you’ll find thousands of fun and unique games and tasks to complete. This means you’re less likely to get bored and more likely to keep earning money. We’re a big fan of Swagbucks at Frugal For Less, and it’s easy to see why.
- Get paid to play Wheel Of Fortune, Deal Or No Deal, poker, solitaire, and more.
- Earn extra money by playing a promoted game (promotions change often).
- You can also make money watching videos, taking surveys, and more.
- Each game or task is worth points called SB.
- Each SB is worth about $0.01.
- Swagbucks gives out over 7,000 free gift cards per day.
- Swagbucks has paid out over $271 million in rewards.
- Refer friends and you’ll get 10% of the earnings permanently.
- By signing up with the link above, you can currently get a $5 signup bonus.
- You can access Swagbucks through their website or smartphone app.
Swagbucks Payment Methods
Swagbucks pays via PayPal or gift cards. Gift card options include Amazon, Starbucks, MasterCard, Target, eBay, and dozens more. Gift cards are available starting at $3.00, and PayPal payments are available starting at $25.00.
2. Swag IQ
This free app actually pays you to answer trivia questions. Not only are you getting cash for doing so, but you’re learning a great deal at the same time. Every weekday you’ll be given a series of multiple-choice questions to answer. Answer all of the questions correctly and you can win a huge, grand prize. If there’s more than one winner, it will be split evenly. Even if you don’t win the grand prize, you can still earn points for the questions you do answer correctly.
Swag IQ Highlights
- Will need to join Swagbucks first in order to become a member
- Grand prize is quite large ($1000 or more!)
- A chance to earn free cash while playing trivia and learning at the same time
- If you miss out on the grand prize, you still have a chance to earn points by answering some questions correctly
- Reviews have stated that the app is extremely fun to use
- Access Swag IQ through their Android or iPhone app
- Great app to play along with your friends
- Developed by the same company that created Swagbucks, so you know they’re legitimate
Check Out Our Swag IQ Review
Swag IQ Payment Methods
When you win a grand prize, it’s usually equivalent to roughly $1,000 or more. If you don’t win the grand prize, you earn in the form of points called Swagbucks. These points can be exchanged for real cash prizes such as free gift cards or direct deposits to PayPal.
InboxDollars is another major GPT site, and it’s been around since 2000. It’s very similar to Swagbucks. You get paid to play games and complete other short tasks. There are always thousands of options available, and many of them are short and simple. It’s easy to use InboxDollars daily even if you only have a few spare minutes.
- Get paid to play Bejeweled 2, Angry Birds, Wheel of Fortune, and dozens of other popular games.
- Earn more money performing web search, reading e-mails, watching videos, and more.
- InboxDollars has paid out over $57 million in rewards to date.
- InboxDollars has been featured on Good Morning America and NBC News.
- Use the link above to get an instant $5.00 signup bonus.
- Refer new users and permanently receive 10% of their InboxDollars earnings.
- Access InboxDollars through their website or smartphone app.
InboxDollar Payment Methods
InboxDollars pays through paper check or digital gift cards. Gift cards are available for Amazon, Target, iTunes, and other popular retailers. You can access rewards once you have an account balance of $30.00 or more.
QuickRewards is fairly similar to Swagbucks and InboxDollars. This site has been around since 2002, so you can feel confident that they’re reliable. There are over 50 unique reward options to choose from. In addition to playing games, you’ll get paid for many other easy tasks.
- Get paid to play “guess the number” games, trivia games, and more.
- Boost your earnings by watching videos, shopping online, completing offers, and taking surveys.
- No minimum payout threshold for PayPal payments.
- QuickRewards sends all payments within a week.
- QuickRewards is known for their responsive customer service.
- You can get paid to refer new users; the referral bonus changes frequently.
- QuickRewards is accessible through their website.
- Signing up is very quick and simple.
- Tasks vary in length and payment amount – there’s always something that’ll suit you.
QuickRewards Payment Methods
QuickRewards pays via PayPal and gift cards. You can choose from over 50 online/offline gift card options including Amazon, Applebees, Wal-Mart, and more. There is no minimum for PayPal payments, and you only need a $5.00 account balance to access gift cards. PayPal payments are made within 72 hours and gift cards are sent within one week.
FreeMyApps is a smartphone app that pays you to download and test games. You’re not obligated to keep the game apps installed when you’re done testing them. There are a few extra ways to earn with FreeMyApps, too. This is a fairly popular app, and it offers several different reward options.
- Get paid to install and play casino games, action games, and many others.
- Boost your earnings by watching videos.
- FreeMyApps has given over $31 million in gift cards to users.
- Each game you play or task you complete is worth a certain number of points.
- On average, you’ll earn 35 to 150 points per app you test.
- Earn 200 free points every time you refer a new user to FreeMyApps.
FreeMyApps Payment Methods
FreeMyApps offers users an impressive selection of gift cards. Some examples include Amazon, Google Play, iTunes, Steam, CVS, Target, Hulu, and more. Some gift card options are available for as little as $1.00. Other gift cards are available for $5.00 or $10.00
MyPoints is a classic GPT site and app that’s been around since 1996. Like the options above, the games and tasks on MyPoints are pretty diverse. If you use both the app and website, you can easily make extra cash in your spare time. Choose cash payments, digital gift cards, or physical gift cards for payment.
- MyPoints features casino games, GSN games, and more.
- Users can also get paid to watch videos, take surveys, and read e-mails.
- You earn 25 points when someone signs up via your referral link.
- Every time you refer someone, you’ll also receive 10% of their earnings for life.
- MyPoints is available through their website and smartphone app.
- Gift card rewards are available for more than 75 different retailers.
MyPoints Payment Methods
MyPoints pays via PayPal or gift card. To receive a $25 PayPal payment, you need an account balance of 3,970 points. Gift cards are available for as little as 480 points. Gift card options include Amazon, Best Buy, Burger King, eBay, and dozens of other retailers.
Lucktastic is a unique mobile app that rewards you for playing virtual scratch card games. They’ve got a great 4.2-star rating on Google Play based on 300,000 user reviews. The app features other game-like options, too. If you’re looking for something that’s pure fun, you may really enjoy using Lucktastic.
- Get rewarded when you play and win scratch card games.
- You win scratch card games when you have three matching symbols per card.
- Lucktastic has paid over $3 million in rewards to users.
- Lucktastic has been featured on the Discovery Channel, Yahoo, and other media outlets.
- Make extra money through contests, raffles, Daily Rewards, Mystery Reward, and other game options.
- Get a 500 coin bonus when you refer new users to Lucktastic.
- Choose from many different convenient payment options.
Lucktastic Payment Methods
Lucktastic pays users via Dwolla, paper checks, and gift cards. You can choose from Amazon, American Express, or Wal-Mart gift cards. You need a minimum balance of $10.00 to receive a paper check. The payment thresholds for other options vary.
8. Cash Gift
Cash Gift is a very popular smartphone app that pays you to test and/or download apps. Game apps are among the different options available. Cash Gift has a simple user-friendly layout and many rewards to choose from. In addition to playing games, there are other easy ways to earn rewards.
Cash Gift Highlights
- You can choose to either download or install game apps – do both to make extra money!
- Cash Gift also pays you to watch video advertisements and complete other small tasks.
- Each task you complete is worth a certain amount of coins.
- Cash Gift has a 4.8-star Google Play rating based on over 229,000 user reviews.
- The payout threshold is as low as $1.00.
- Earn a referral bonus when you share your Cash Gift invite code with friends.
Cash Gift Payment Methods
Cash Gift pays via PayPal, Amazon gift cards, and Google Play gift cards. Amazon gift cards are available starting at $1.00. PayPal payments are available starting at $3.00. Google Play gift cards are available starting at $10.
AppLike is a smartphone app that pays you to install game apps as well as play them. You earn rewards for doing either or both tasks. However, playing the games is the most profitable option. AppLike is well-known for having impressive referral and signup bonuses.
- You get paid to play strategy games, brain teaser games, and action games.
- AppLike recommends games and apps based on your personal preferences.
- AppLike has an impressive 4.3-star Google Play rating from over 379,000 user reviews.
- Each app installation and game is worth a certain amount of mCoins.
- You get 4,444 free mCoins when you download and signup with AppLike.
- You get 250 free mCoins when you refer new users to AppLike.
- You also get 25% of your referral’s earnings for life.
AppLike Payment Methods
AppLike pays through PayPal cash or digital gift cards. You can select gift cards for Amazon, Wal-Mart, and other popular retailers. The minimum threshold for PayPal payments is only $0.50. The minimum threshold for gift cards is $2.50.
CashPirate is a popular smartphone app with a great reputation. You earn money by playing free games and downloading free game apps. There are other ways to get rewarded, too. The options are pretty broad and similar to traditional GPT websites. It’s pretty easy to find truly fun and unique games via CashPirate.
- You can access free games through the app or download free game apps. Both options pay you for playing the games.
- Make more money by taking surveys, watching videos, and completing other quick tasks.
- CashPirate has a 4.5-star Google Play review based on over 112,000 user ratings.
- Each game or task pays you a set amount of Pirate Coins.
- Earn 10% of all of your referral’s earnings for life.
- Earn 5% of all of your referral’s referral earnings for life.
- Get 500 free Pirate Coins when you sign up using a referral code. Our referral code is XZQBIU.
- Special offers are frequently available through the app.
CashPirate Payment Methods
CashPirate pays via PayPal and physical gift cards. Gift cards are available for Amazon. You need a minimum of 2,500 Pirate Coins to request a payment.
PlaytestCloud really stands out from other paid game sites and apps. PlaytestCloud is a user testing website. You earn money by testing out browser, Android, and iOS games. All you have to do is give your opinion on the games and follow any instructions. The tests are quick and pay well, too.
- Each PlaytestCloud test takes about 30 minutes.
- You get paid $7 to $9 per 30-minute game test.
- Your screen is automatically recorded while you play and test games.
- You also speak out loud to give verbal feedback about games.
- PlaytestCloud has positive feedback from users and third-party review sites.
- Find great tips for using PlaytestCloud on their FAQ page.
PlaytestCloud Payment Methods
PlaytestCloud pays via PayPal cash. Once your test is approved, you typically get rewarded within a few days.
Tips For Making Money Playing Games
Before I wrap things up, I want to offer some quick tips. These tips can help you make even more money playing games online. They can also help you avoid errors when using these sites and apps.
- See how many devices you can use with each option. For example, you may be able to use your laptop, iPhone, and iPad for a single app. This gives you quick access to them and can help you boost your earnings.
- Make sure to share your referral links and codes. It only takes a few seconds to post referral links/codes on Facebook, Twitter, and other websites. This is a 100% free and easy way to make extra money.
- Use multiple sites and apps that pay you to play games. Making money by playing games won’t make you rich. But it’s honestly possible to get several PayPal payments or gift cards per month. Just use all of the options that stand out to you.
- Take advantage of extra tasks that are available. Many of the sites I’ve listed also pay you to take surveys, watch videos, and more. These are incredibly simple ways to reach payout minimums faster.
- Read the Frugal For Less reviews for each game site and app. This post highlights the major features of every paid game option. But the reviews I’ve linked provide tons of extra detail. You can quickly learn everything there is to know, and this makes it easier to earn more rewards faster.
It’s clear that you can really get paid to play games online. From websites to smartphone apps, each option has something special to offer. If you want to learn about more ways to make money online, check out these posts:
- 25+ Best Survey Sites: Get Paid $600/Month Or More From Home (Updated 2018)
- 101 Free Money Making Apps To Quickly Earn Cash From Your Phone (Android/iPhone)
- 35 Ways To Score Free Amazon Gift Cards (Updated 2018)
Now you’ve got hundreds of options for getting free gift cards, PayPal cash, and more. You can find additional ways to make money fast by browsing the Frugal For Less Make Money section.