WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 point bonus
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
If you face money troubles despite working hard, you’re dealing with a common problem. The truth is that 78 percent of full-time employees live paycheck-to-paycheck.
Unfortunately, it can be hard to get a part-time job on top of full-time work. School, childcare, and dozens of other responsibilities get in the way. But a few spare minutes or hours per day allow you to boost your income.
There are dozens of ways to earn a bit of extra cash, and many of them don’t have time commitments. This post features 10 unique and simple ways to earn at least $5 per day or $150 per month. That’s just the smallest possible amount. You can easily make a few hundred dollars per more per month or more. Explore the options below to find ones that fit your schedule.
How Swagbucks Works
Swagbucks is a very popular way to make money online. Millions of people across the world use this website and app to earn cash and gift cards. Users are paid in SB to complete small tasks; these are points worth about $0.01. There are thousands of tasks available 24/7, and most of them take a few minutes or less. Get paid to take surveys, watch videos, answer polls, read e-mails, and more.
How To Earn $5 Or More With Swagbucks
It’s not difficult to earn an average of $5 per day; many Swagbucks users easily make more than $150 per month. I listed some of the different types of paid tasks above. The list below will break earning potential down into more detail. These are real examples currently featured on Swagbucks:
- 60 SB for a six-minute survey.
- 140 SB for a 30-minute survey.
- 15 SB to sign up for a beauty brand’s e-mail list.
- 15 SB to sign up for a food company’s e-mail list.
- 50 SB to sign up for a diaper company’s e-mail list.
- 6 SB to watch a featured video.
- 5 SB to enter a Swag Code from SwagBuck’s Facebook page.
- 700 SB to download and try a free app from a partner brand.
These simple tasks add up to 991 SB or $9.91. Overall, it may take you about an hour to complete the entire list. I’ve noticed that the more I use Swagbucks, the faster I complete paid tasks. For more tips, check out our new Swagbucks how-to guide. It’ll help you learn different ways to boost your daily earnings.
How InboxDollars Works
InboxDollars is another GPT website and app like Swagbucks. For 18 years, this platform has been a go-to method for making money online. InboxDollars members get paid anywhere from a few cents to a few dollars per task. Popular tasks include taking surveys, browsing the web, completing trial offers, open e-mails, and more. Every task is worth a set amount of money, and users get paid via paper check or gift card.
How To Earn $5 Or More With InboxDollars
I’ve used InboxDollars for over one year, and earning $5 per day is a realistic goal. Some days are better than others, but averaging $150 per month isn’t hard. Like Swagbucks, you’ll always have thousands of tasks to do at any time. Here are a few currently available on InboxDollars:
- $0.75 to join a coupon and free sample e-mail subscription list.
- $1.00 to complete a six-minute survey.
- $0.50 to complete a 24-minute survey.
- $0.08 to open eight promotional e-mails.
- $1.50 to join a free partner survey website.
- $0.01 to watch three short advertisements.
- $0.25 to complete a 16-minute survey.
- $0.75 to join another free partner survey site.
If you complete this short list of tasks, you earn a total of $4.84. Depending on how quickly you do them, I’d estimate it takes about 1-2 hours on average. That doesn’t seem like much, but it’s not bad for a bit of spare cash.
How Ibotta Works
Ibotta is a very popular receipt scanning app with a great reputation. Ibotta offers users cash back when they buy common household items, groceries, and more.
They partner with thousands of retailers, and there are often over 100 offers at each retailer. This makes it incredibly easy for users to earn cash back buying items they already need.
The best part? You even get a $10 bonus when you redeem your first offer.
Once a purchase is made, a user simply takes a picture of their receipt through the Ibotta app. Ibotta also features many different bonus opportunities that change on a monthly basis. Exact earnings 100% depend on each user’s shopping habits and frequency. However, it’s very easy to earn $5 per shopping trip.
How To Earn $5 Or More With Ibotta
Ibotta starts you off with a $10 signup bonus when you claim your first receipt. The money is deposited into your Ibotta account once you scan your first receipt. I use Ibotta often at Target and Wal-Mart. The list below features current offers Ibotta has for these two retailers and some Ibotta bonuses:
- $1.00 cash back on PHILADELPHIA Original Cream Cheese.
- $0.25 cash back on any brand of shampoo.
- $0.25 cash back on any brand of pint-sized ice cream.
- $1.00 cash back on Starbucks K-Cups.
- $0.25 cash back on any brand almond milk.
- $0.75 cash back on Colgate Enamel Health Toothpaste.
- $0.50 cash back on Nature Valley Products.
- $0.50 cash back on Dixie Cups.
- $0.20 cash back on any one item.
- $0.25 cash back on any brand juice.
- $0.25 cash back on any brand dog treats.
- $5.00 every time you refer a new user to Ibotta.
- $1.00 bonus for completing three cash back offers for a single brand.
If you purchased these common items, you’d earn $5.20 cash back. Expect to get double or triple this amount if you buy a lot of major name brands. Referring a friend earns you $5 when they use your referral code. A simple shopping based bonus is worth another $1.
Again, how much you earn per month is based on how you shop. And many users boost their earnings by frequently referring new users. $150 per month from Ibotta may truly be realistic for you.
How Earning Station Works
EarningStation is a GPT website that has a fairly good reputation. It hasn’t been around as long as Swagbucks or InboxDollars, but it’s still a solid pick for making quick money. Each task is worth a set amount of Station Dollars, and each Station Dollar is worth about $0.01. Users earn money by watching videos, taking surveys, playing games, reading e-mails, completing trial offers, and more. EarningStation pays users via gift cards to major retailers.
How To Earn $5 Or More With EarningStation
As of right now, the EarningStation dashboard displays a few dozen paid tasks. This isn’t as much as the other GPT platforms, but there’s still a nice variety of options. Here are examples of current EarningStation tasks:
- $0.32 to complete a 15-minute survey.
- $0.40 to complete a 12-minute survey.
- $4.30 to complete a 25-minute survey.
- $0.10 to complete a three-minute survey.
- $0.02 to answer the daily poll question.
- $1.00 to sign up for a partner survey website.
- $0.75 to sign up for a coupon/sample website’s e-mail list.
- $0.30 to download a free app from a partner survey company.
Completing all of these GPT offers will net you $7.19. I’m not an active EarningStation user, so it’s hard to estimate how long it may take to complete them. It likely takes about 1-2 hours at the most, which is common for GPT platforms.
How PointClub Works
PointClub is a newer paid survey site that’s steadily become popular. Members earn money by completing market research surveys. Big companies use market research to gather consumer opinions, and these opinions prove products and services. There are always several surveys available for users to take. Each one is worth a certain number of points, and one point equals $0.001. PointClub also offers new user bonuses and participation bonuses.
How To Earn $5 Or More With PointClub
One great PointClub feature is the signup bonus they offer. When you register for PointClub, you earn a 5,000 point ($5) bonus. You earn an additional 1,500 bonus points ($1.50) for completing registration steps. After that, you get points for each survey you complete. These are some current survey examples from PointClub:
- 550 points for completing a 25-minute survey.
- 1,650 points for completing a 10-minute survey.
- 1,727 points for completing a 10-minute survey.
- 2,200 points for completing a 10-minute survey.
- 1,034 points for completing a 15-minute survey.
These five examples are worth a total of 7,161 points or $7.16. Based on the time estimates, it would take just over an hour to complete them. That’s not bad at all, and the PointClub bonus system makes it even better.
PointClub uses a 10-level system for participation based bonuses. Your level rises when you consecutively log into the site for a certain number of days. Each level boosts your survey earnings by a percentage amount. Logging in for the first time puts you at Level 1, and you earn 10% more points per survey. If you log in for five consecutive days, you reach Level 2. This means you’ll earn 20% more points per survey.
How iPoll Works
iPoll is an international survey app that’s been around since 2008. The platform reports paying over $24 million in rewards to users in over 30 countries. Like similar apps and websites, users get paid to take surveys about products and services they use. Users can get paid cash with PayPal or through gift cards. iPoll also pays bonuses for meeting various milestones that users reach.
How To Earn $5 Or More With iPoll
The primary way you earn money with iPoll is by taking surveys. There are endless user reviews online that discuss survey pay and length. Below you’ll see some feedback that is featured in our iPoll review. User reports include:
- $0.50 for an eight-minute survey.
- $1.00 for a 15-minute survey.
- $1.75 for a 30-minute survey
- $1.00 for a 20-minute survey.
- $1.50 for a 25-minute survey.
- $0.50 to $3.00 per survey on average.
A large majority of iPoll users say there are several surveys available per day. Based on the statistics above, it’d take about 1.5-2 hours to earn $5 per day. That’s not as great as some other options, but it’s a good fit if you’ve just got a few spare minutes here and there.
How MySurvey Works
MySurvey describes themselves as the world’s number one paid survey website. There are many reasons why it’s such a popular option. In 2014 alone, MySurvey paid over $32 million in rewards to survey takers. The surveys are designed to collect consumer opinions about many different products and services. Each survey is worth a certain amount of points, and one point is equal to about $0.01. Users get paid via PayPal or gift cards to Amazon and other retailers.
How To Earn $5 Or More With MySurvey
MySurvey typically has plenty of surveys to choose from. Each one is worth a set amount of points and gives you an estimated completion time. The pay per survey is typically based on how long the survey takes. Here are some examples from user reviews and screenshots:
- 50 points for a 20-minute survey.
- 50 points for a 16-minute survey.
- 30 points for a 10-minute survey.
- 75 points for a 24-minute survey.
- 300 points for a 35-minute survey.
- 50 points for a 15-minute survey.
- 50 points for a 20-minute survey.
If you completed all of the surveys above, you would earn 605 points or $6.05. Based on the estimated completion time, it would take you about 2 to 2.5 hours. To cut down on that time, stick to the higher paying but shorter surveys. For example, choose the 50-point survey that’s 15 minutes long instead of 20 minutes. This makes reaching your daily goal of $5 very possible.
How FusionCash Works
FusionCash is a GPT website that’s similar to others on this list. Since 2005, the platform has offered users multiple ways to make money. There are plenty of tasks listed 24/7, so you’ll always find ways to earn. Some tasks include taking surveys, watching videos, completing trial offers, clicking partner advertisements, and more. Users can cash out their earnings via PayPal.
How To Earn $5 Or More With FusionCash
FusionCash starts off by giving you a $5 signup bonus. You earn this by joining through a referral link like the one above. After you get your first $5, it’s possible to continue earning that amount every day. Here are some real examples of current and former FusionCash tasks:
- $0.02 per day for opening the FusionCash daily e-mail.
- $0.20 for printing 10 coupons through a partner website.
- $0.50 for registering with a partner survey website.
- $0.70 for registering with another partner survey website.
- $0.75 for completing a 10-minute survey.
- $0.75 for completing a 15-minute survey.
- $0.80 for completing a 25-minute survey.
- $0.15 for clicking the link to a partner website.
This is just a small glimpse at what’s available. If you completed this short list of tasks, you would earn $3.87. I’d estimate that you could complete all of the tasks within 1.5 to 2 hours. Just choose a few more tasks, and you’ll make $5 per day on average.
How Rev Works
Rev is a transcriptionist company that pays freelancers to transcribe English audio into written text. You don’t need any experience to work for Rev, and you can work as much or as little as you want. You do have to pass a basic grammar and transcription test to get hired, but there are no other major requirements. You’ll know within 48 hours of signing up whether or not you’ve passed the test. Each transcription task is fairly short, and there are typically hundreds of tasks available. Rev pays every week on Monday through PayPal.
How To Earn $5 Or More With Rev
Rev pays you for every minute of audio that you transcribe, and the pay is $0.45 to $0.60 per audio minute. So transcribing one 10-minute audio clip will earn you $4.50 to $6.00. How long it takes to transcribe one 10-minute audio clip depends on how quickly and accurately you transcribe. However, Rev states that their transcriptionists earn an average of $245 per month. Based on this average, it’s very possible to make $5 per day or $150 per month.
How iWriter Works
iWriter is a content mill website that matches writers with clients. You don’t need any kind of experience to write for iWriter. All you need is good English spelling and grammar skills. Clients are large and small businesses that need written content for their websites. Writers are paid to write blog posts, articles, reviews, social media content, and more. You get to pick and choose which writing assignments you want to do. Each assignment pays a certain amount based on your iWriter ranking and article length. Writers get paid weekly via PayPal if they’ve earned at least $20 that week.
How To Earn $5 Or More With iWriter
iWriter makes it incredibly easy to earn at least $5 per day. No matter what iWriter ranking you are at, it doesn’t take long to earn this amount of money. The rankings are Standard, Premium, Elite, and Elite Plus. These are some real examples of assignments currently on iWriter:
- $1.79 for a 400-word post as a Standard writer.
- $3.58 for a 400-word post as a Premium writer.
- $8.94 for a 700-word assignment as an Elite writer.
- $31.20 for a 700-word assignment as an Elite Plus writer.
Everyone begins as a Standard writer. This means you’d need to complete only three 400-word assignments per day to earn $5.37. This is pretty easy to do within 1-2 hours depending on how quickly and accurately you write. Overall, iWriter is a great pick if you’re looking to make more than $150 per month.
Overall, it’s pretty easy to make $5 per day or $150 per month. Combine as many options from this list as you’d like. There are zero time commitments or restrictions, and you can start using these sites and apps instantly. Chances are you’ll find more than one way to earn $5 a day online that you enjoy.
If you want even more ways to make money in your spare time, Frugal For Less is a great resource for you. Start out by reading 25+ Best Survey Sites 2019: Earn $600+/Month Or More and 25 Apps To Make Money Fast For PayPal. These two posts feature dozens of real ways to make money online. Use our reviews and tips to get the most out of each one.