WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Vindale Research: One of the best survey sites on the web. Earn up to $50 per survey. Join Vindale Research Now & Get a $1 Bonus
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- Ibotta: Earn cash back when you take pictures of receipts and shop online. Get a $10 bonus when you sign-up using our link and claim your first offer. Join Ibotta Now to Get $10
Ever since I was a little kid, Dollar Tree has been one of my favorite stores to shop at. My parents took us there around Christmas, gave us each about $20, and let us pick out small gifts for our family members.
I remember how exciting it was to find hidden gems, and I still go to the Dollar Tree on a regular basis. When I visit, I usually make a beeline towards the beauty section.
It’s easy to dismiss the thought of shopping at a $1 store if you’re not familiar with the inventory. You may be surprised to learn that Dollar Tree is a gold mine when it comes to beauty products.
From makeup brushes to charcoal face masks, I’ve found tons of truly great items there. This post features 15 different types of beauty products you can find at the Dollar Tree. View the list below to see what items you should stock up on.
1. Hair Accessories
When it comes to hair accessories, Dollar Tree is the place to go. They’ve got an entire section dedicated to these items, so you’ll likely find everything that you need. A few excellent examples I found on the Dollar Tree website include:
- Thin, colorful elastic headwraps
- Large hair clips for sectioning
- Thick assorted headwraps
- Hair donuts (used to create buns and other styles)
- Ponytail holders
- Plastic combs
- Salon-style spray bottles
- Claw clips
These are just some of the numerous hair accessories that you can find at Dollar Tree. They’ve usually got a pretty good assortment of colors, sizes, and styles, too.
That makes it easy to find exactly what you need! Next time you need items like these, save some cash and visit Dollar Tree.
2. Makeup and Makeup Brushes
Dollar Tree probably sounds like an odd place to buy cosmetics. I’ll admit that I’ve purchased a few items that weren’t so stellar.
However, the good definitely outweighs the bad when it comes to Dollar Tree makeup! The list below features items from Dollar Tree’s website plus items I’ve purchased at my local store:
- Wet n’ Wild makeup brushes
- Miscellaneous e.l.f. Cosmetics items
- Wet n’ Wild ColorIcon Eyeshadow
- L.A. Colors bronzers and blushes
- L.A. Colors 6-color and 12-color Eyeshadow Palettes
- Wet n’ Wild ColorIcon Lipliner Pencils
- Makeup remover wipes
- Colormates Pressed Powders
- Colormates Blush & Brush Compacts
- Mascara (various brands available)
- Eyeliner (various brands available)
- Compact mirrors
- Lipstick (various brands available)
- Eyeliner and lip liner pencil sharpeners
The exact items at your Dollar Tree will vary, but this list gives you a pretty good idea of what you’ll find.
I’m personally a huge fan of Wet n’ Wild makeup and makeup brushes, so finding them there saves me a ton of money. I’ve also purchased compact mirrors, eyeliner pencil sharpeners, and makeup wipes for my travel makeup bag at Dollar Tree.
3. Nail Polish and Nail Care Supplies
Doing my nails is one of my favorite hobbies, and I primarily stick to at-home manicures to save money. Dollar Tree has a surprisingly great selection of nail polish and nail care supplies.
I’ve gotten some great clear top coat polish along with foam dividers for pedicures. Below you’ll find a list of other items I’ve used plus items from DollarTree.com:
- Sassy + Chic Nail Decorating Kits
- Press-on nail stickers (assorted designs)
- Artificial nail kits
- Nail and toenail clippers
- Nail files
- L.A. Colors Clear Base Coat / Top Coat
- Wet n’ Wild Nail Polish (assorted colors)
- Pumice stones
- L.A. Colors Nail Polish (assorted colors)
- Emery boards
- Nail brushes
- Travel-size manicure sets
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton balls/cotton rounds
- Cotton swabs
- Pedicure files
These items are just some of what’s listed online and what I’ve found myself. Of course, your store will have a unique selection of items.
From visiting multiple stores, I’ve found that L.A. Colors Nail Polish, Wet n’ Wild Nail Polish, and the listed nail care accessories are consistently stocked. You may be surprised to see how many great items you can find!
4. Hand Lotion And Sanitizer
Dollar Tree is my go-to place when I need modestly sized bottles of hand sanitizer and lotion for my bathroom and kitchen.
These seem like pretty basic items, but they’re essential for keeping my hands clean and smooth. Dollar Tree has a broad selection to choose from. Some of the available items include:
- Nature’s Intent Scented Liquid Hand Wash
- Dial Lemon Citrus Hand Soap With Moisturizer
- Klar & Danver Antibacterial Liquid Hand Soap
- Jergens Extra Moisturizing Liquid Hand Soap
- Softsoap Liquid Hand Soap (several scents and sizes available)
- Aerofoam Juicy Grapefruit Foaming Liquid Hand Wash
- Assured Hand Sanitizer With Aloe
- Assured Clear Instant Hand Sanitizer
- Assured Travel-Sized Sanitizers (assorted scents)
- Fresh Scent Antibacterial Moist Wipes
Keeping your hands sanitary and super soft is easy with so many choices to consider. I personally pick the antibacterial soap, Assured Clear Hand Sanitizer, and the Assured Travel Hand Sanitizers.
The travel-size bottles come in a three-pack, so they’re perfect for carrying in my purse, makeup bag, and car. Explore the self-care section of your Dollar Tree to see what’s available.
5. Body Wash
Dollar Tree has a diverse range of options when it comes to body wash and similar items. Some brands, such as their Spa Haus Body Wash, is nearly identical in formula to Old Spice Body Wash.
Why spend $5 or more on a bottle of high-quality cleanser when you can get something similar at the Dollar Tree? The following items are body washes and accessories currently listed on the Dollar Tree website:
- Sweet Blossom Scented Body Wash
- White Rain Ocean Mist Body Wash
- Silkience Moisturizing Body Wash With Shea Butter
- April Bath & Shower Tropical Scented Body Wash
- Nourishing Essentials Healthy Skin Moisturizing Body Wash
- Dial Basics Hypoallergenic Bar Soap
- Oil Of Life 2-in-1 Moisturizing Body Wash
- April Bath & Shower Mesh Body Sponges
- April Bath & Shower Exfoliating Bath Gloves
In addition to these items, there are dozens of options for children’s body wash and men’s body wash as well.
You can stock up on items for the entire family. Whether you’ve got sensitive skin or prefer a floral scented soap, you’ll find something that suits you.
6. Face Masks And Skin Pampering Items
At-home facials are another one of my favorite beauty indulgences. They’re incredibly cost-effective, and they make my skin look and feel radiant. Once I stumbled across a face mask at Dollar Tree, and I was a bit wary of it.
I’m somewhat picky when it comes to skincare, but I decided to give it a shot. To my delight, I loved it! Here are some other face masks and related treatments Dollar Tree has to offer:
- Charcoal Face Mask (this is the one I used, and it really cleaned out my blackheads)
- April Bath & Showers Revitalizing Eye Masks (we keep these in the freezer at my house to instantly reduce eye puffiness, treat migraines, and more)
- Dermasil Labs Day and Night Facial Creams
- Microfiber Spa Facial Scrubbers
- Revitalizing Facial Brushes (to be used with face wash)
- Personal Care Cocoa Butter Scented Petroleum Jelly (use as a gentle makeup remover)
- SkinNutritions Age Defying Ultimate Dark Spot Corrector
- Green Tea Deep Cleansing Facial Masks
- Grape Seed Deep Cleansing Facial Masks
- Skin Nutritions Age Defy Dark Circle & Puffiness Treatment
I highly recommend the Charcoal Face Mask, April Bath & Showers Revitalizing Eye Masks, and the Microfiber Spa Facial Scrubbers or Revitalizing Facial Brushes.
The last two items are used to apply face wash while deep cleaning and exfoliating your skin. A two-pack of facial scrubbers is about $2.50 at Wal-Mart, and the Dollar Tree option is a three-pack.
You can stock up on these skincare items and much more without overspending.
7. Acne and Blackhead Treatments
If you deal with blackheads or acne, you know that keeping up a good skincare regimen is important. As someone with persistent blackheads, I frequently look for new and effective treatments.
I mentioned a charcoal face mask above, but Dollar Tree has so much more than that. There are several acne and blackhead treatments available there. The Dollar Tree website lists these items, to name a few:
- Oil-Free Acne Wash
- Acne Body Wash
- Foaming Acne Scrub
- Premoistened Acne Wipes
- Assured 100% Witch Hazel Solution
- Charcoal Face Wash
- Olay Ultra Moisturizing Soap
- Exfoliating Facial Wipes
- Apricot Scrub
- Benzoyl peroxide acne treatment (availability may vary by store; it comes in a small tube)
- Assured Hydrogen Peroxide, Spritzer Bottles
Out of all of these items, I’m a huge fan of the Assured 100% Witch Hazel Solution and the Assured Hydrogen Peroxide Spritzer Bottles.
I alternate using these products as toners, and they work incredibly well. The Charcoal Face Wash is also a great value; Biore has a charcoal wash that’s $6 or more for one bottle.
If you’re struggling to clear up blemished skin, give Dollar Tree options a try.
8. Makeup Storage
If you’ve read some of my previous Frugal For Less posts, you know that I’m an avid makeup lover. As you can imagine, I’ve got to invest in storage for all of my makeup. To do this, I get creative and thrifty.
All of my makeup storage items are from Dollar Tree, and they’ve held up incredibly well. The list below details a few items I own and use, and a few items listed on the Dollar Tree website:
- Plastic compartmented storage cases
- Woven-Look Plastic Baskets With Handles
- Clear glass jars with plastic lids (assorted sizes)
- Plastic storage tubs with handles (assorted sizes)
- Divided 3-Compartment Plastic Caddies
- Cooking Concepts Coated Wire Organizers
- Glass jars with glass lids (assorted sizes)
- Colorful Printed Paperboard Storage Bins with Handles, 3-ct. Packs
- Glass storage jars with metal lids (assorted sizes)
- Essentials Beige Collapsible Storage Containers
- Bright Plastic Oval Storage Totes
- glass mason jars
- Plastic storage boxes (with and without lids)
- Large Rectangular Slotted Plastic Storage Baskets
- Essentials Large Rectangular Drawer Organizer
These are just a few of the several dozen options you’ll find online and in Dollar Tree stores. I almost exclusively use Dollar Tree organizers throughout my entire home.
For my makeup storage, I really like the glass jars, draw organizers, and translucent plastic storage boxes. I use a few large glass jars to hold all of my makeup brushes.
I used the metal and plastic drawer organizers to hold all of my cosmetics on top of my desk.
For all of my spare makeup or rarely used items, I use the translucent plastic storage boxes. With Dollar Tree, your makeup storage options are truly endless!
9. Sunglasses and Reading Glasses
Sunglasses are a practical accessory to have on hand, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be stylish! The same is true for reading glasses.
For several years now, I’ve been buying my sunglasses at Dollar Tree. I do this for two main reasons. One is because they honestly have a fashionable collection available.
Two is because I don’t have to worry about a big monetary loss if they break or get lost. Here are some of the options I see frequently available along with specific items listed on Dollar Tree’s website:
- Adult fashion sunglasses (several options)
- Soft polyester carrying cases
- Floatable Sunglass Cords, 20.5 inches
- Sunglass Cords with Rubber Connectors, 26 inches
- Fashion reading glasses (several options)
- Sun Tropez Beaded Eyeglass Cords
- Pre-moistened optical lens wipes
- Chiffon eyeglass cleansing cloths
- Designer Hard-Shell Faux Leather Eyeglass Carrying Cases
- Small eyeglass/sunglass repair kits
While this list seems fairly small, the inventory at my local store is actually fairly diverse. There are a few dozen options available for adult sunglasses as well as reading glasses.
As I mentioned above, the sunglasses are actually quite stylish and similar that what you’d see at Target.
The only difference is that Dollar Tree charges $1, but you may pay $10 to $15 for them at Target or elsewhere.
10. Teeth Whitening Products
I stumbled upon a teeth whitening kit at Dollar Tree, and I decided to check out the main ingredients. After a quick Google search, I discovered this kit was pretty much the exact same as ultra-expensive brands.
I’ve used a few of their other whitening products. Here are some of them as well as some great oral care items in general:
- Natural White 5-Minute Teeth Whitening Kit (this is what I used)
- Dr. Brody’s One Smile 30-Minute Dental Whitening Strips, 3-ct. Packs
- Dazzling White Professional Strength Teeth Whitening Pens (I’ve also used this)
- Lavoris Mouthwash Whitening Rinse, 15-oz. Bottles
- Natural White Sensitive Extreme Whitening Toothpaste
- Colgate Optic White Sparkling Mint Toothpaste
- Ultra Brite Cool Mint Toothpaste with Baking Soda & Peroxide
- Colgate Enamel Health Whitening & Enamel Strengthening Toothpaste
- Crest Fresh and White Peppermint Gleem Paste
- Colgate 2-in-1 Whitening Toothpaste and Mouthwash
- Ultra Brite Clean Mint Advanced Whitening Toothpaste
- Colgate Total Whitening Toothpaste
- Colgate 2-in-1 Icy Blast Whitening Toothpaste and Mouthwash
- Crest Whitening Toothpaste with Baking Soda and Peroxide
- Crest 3D White Radiant Mint Toothpaste
- Colgate CinnaMint Sparkling White Gel Toothpaste
- Colgate Max White Crystal Mint toothpaste with Bright Strips
The array of teeth whitening products at Dollar Tree is pretty impressive! The whitening gel trays and the whitening pen worked very well for me.
I noticed particularly quick results when using the pen before bed each night. You’d pay a lot more for any of these items at drugstores, but why bother doing so?
Dollar Tree covers all of your teeth whitening bases.
11. Plastic and Aluminium Spray Bottles
This section is going to be just a bit different that the others I’ve mentioned so far. I listed plastic and aluminum spray bottles in the haircare section, but there are so many things that they can be used for.
This is especially true when it comes to my skincare and overall beauty routine. Below I’ve made a list of ways that I use these bottles. Maybe some of them will speak to you!
- Witch hazel in a spray bottle as toner
- Water in a spray bottle for use during hair cuts
- Water and essential oil in a spray bottle to use for a light, natural perfume
- Plastic spray bottles to hold other homemade liquid cosmetics
- Baby oil in a spray bottle to evenly apply oil prior to shaving
These are some of the most common uses I can think of, but naturally, there are several more. I’m not saying you should impulse by, of course.
Just take a look at your current beauty routine and see what would be made easier by using a spray bottle!
12. Hair Styling Products
When it comes to hairspray and similar hair care products, Dollar Tree is certainly not lacking. It’s got a bit of everything for every style and need.
The list below primarily features items listed on their website, but I’ve also added a few that I’ve bought there myself:
- LA Looks Absolute Styling Extreme Sport Hair Gel
- Lusti Organics Olive Oil Styling Gel
- Salon Selectives Unscented Extra-Hold Hair Spray
- Perfect Purity Lightly Fragranced Extra Hold Volumizing Mousse
- Softee Argan Oil Hair & Scalp Conditioner
- Lusti Organics Olive Oil Hair Sheen
- Lusti Naturals Argan Oil Triple Strength Hair Moisturizer
- Salon Selectives 3-Minute Hair Therapy Conditioning Treatment
- Personal Care Simply Shea Leave-in Conditioner
- Softee Light and Natural Indian Hemp Hair & Scalp Treatment
- Lusti Naturals Argan Oil Curl Wave Twist Shaping Gel
- Lusti Organics Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion
- Softee Coconut Oil Hair & Scalp Conditioner
- Bright Temporary Comb-In Hair Color
- Perfect Purity Unscented Extra-Hold Hair Spray
As you can see, there are tons of different styling products and hair treatments to choose from. Whether you’ve got damaged hair or want to change your style up, you can easily find what you need at Dollar Tree.
13. Personal Care and Feminine Care Items
Some of these items may not fall into the beauty category, but I believe they’re important to list. Dollar Tree has many personal care and feminine care items for women that are super affordable.
There are items you could find elsewhere, but you’d end up paying 10x the price or more. Here are some examples of items I’ve purchased along with DollarTree.com items:
- Secret Assorted Antiperspirant/Deodorant
- Lady Speed Stick Fresh Fusion Antiperspirant Deodorant
- Lady Power Stick Powder Fresh Antiperspirant Deodorant
- Arm & Hammer Ultra Max Deodorant
- Assured Pregnancy Test Kits
- VeriQuick Pregnancy Tests
- Screem Power Stick Deodorant Body Spray For Her
- Personal Care Feminine Deodorant Spray
- Perfect Purity Lavender After Shower Deodorant Body Powder
- Personal Care Foot Powder Spray
- Natureplex A & D Cream, 1.5 oz.
From deodorant to pregnancy tests, Dollar Tree really does have it all when it comes to women’s personal care.
If you need a quick and affordable way to access feminine items, this is the place to go. After performing a Google search, the cheapest pregnancy tests are about $5 to $6 elsewhere.
Feminine hygiene spray is about $3 at minimum through other retailers. As you can see, you save a good chunk of change sticking with Dollar Tree.
14. Cocoa Butter and Other Moisturizers
When I need to stock up on moisturizers, Dollar Tree is my go-to place. They have everything from hand lotion to cocoa butter cream for super dry skin.
Below I compiled a list of products you can find at Dollar Tree; I’ve used five or six of these myself. See if there’s anything featured here that may suit your needs.
- Personal Care Cocoa Butter Lotion
- Dermasil Cocoa Butter Lotion
- Lusti Organics Cocoa Butter Skin Cream
- Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Lip Balm
- Assured Creamy Cocoa-Butter Petroleum Jelly
- Dermasil Dry Skin Lotion
- April Bath & Shower Scented Body Lotion
- Dermasil Aloe Fresh Moisturizing Body Lotion
- Udderly Smooth Udder Cream and Body Lotion
- Daily Moisturizing Lotion with Oatmeal
- April Bath & Shower Coconut Scented Maximum Moisture Body Cream
- Spa Naturals Coconut Oil Moisturizing Cream
Whether you want plain, unscented lotion (Dermasil Dry Skin Lotion) or something to repair dry lips (Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Lip Balm), you’ll find it at Dollar Tree.
I use these two products regularly, and I occasionally use the others. The lip balm is a stellar formula, and something similar from Ulta or Sephora costs at least $8 to $10. There’s no need to pay that much!
15. Loofahs and Shower Items
Last but certainly not least, Dollar Tree has a wide array of shower items. I’m the kind of person who likes to keep my shower well stocked with fresh loofahs, Epsom salt for soaking, and other items.
Instead of going to the drugstore or Bath & Body Works, I head to Dollar Tree. The options below are just some of what Dollar Tree offers:
- April Bath & Shower Fashion Shower Caps
- Disposable plastic shower caps
- April Bath & Shower Bath Brushes
- April Bath & Shower Body Sponges with Handles
- April Bath & Shower Back Bathing Bands
- Loofahs/net body sponges
- Basic Solutions Plastic Shower Combs
- April Bath & Shower Exfoliating Bath Gloves
- April Bath & Shower Terry-Lined Shower Caps
- April Bath and Shower Animal Microfiber Hand Towels
- Scented Bath Salt
- Home Collection Microfiber Washcloths
- Home Collection Wire Shower Caddies with Plastic Coating (I love using these for organizing my soaps and shower products)
- Assured Sore Muscle & Back Soak Epsom Salt
- Silk Warm Vanilla Sugar Scented Bubble Bath
- Silk Cherry Blossom Scented Bubble Bath
Out of everything on this list, I’m personally a big fan of the Epsom salt, scented bath salts, exfoliating gloves, and the shower caddy.
You’ll find these items in the toiletry and self-care areas of Dollar Tree along with many other options. I’m confident that you’ll find the exact shower items you need for a great price.
Tips For Shopping At Dollar Tree In-Person Or Online
Last but not least, I’ve got some tips for you to consider when shopping at the Dollar Tree.
Many of these tips apply to shopping in-person, but some of them are also useful if you shop at DollarTree.com.
Don’t Hesitate To Use Coupons
Dollar Tree accepts manufacturer coupons, so you can end up paying less than $1 per item. For example, let’s say you find a Dove $0.50 off shampoo coupon online. If your local Dollar Tree carries Dove, you can get a bottle for only $0.50!
You Can Buy Dollar Tree Items In Bulk Online
If you want to buy beauty items in bulk, order them from the Dollar Tree website. Keep in mind that there are minimum quantities that vary depending on what you’re buying.
For example, Sassy+Chic Professional Blender Sponges require a minimum order of 24 ($24). Other items like L.A. Colors 6-Color Expressions Eyeshadow Palettes require a minimum order of 45 items ($45).
Read the weekly ad before you shop
You can view the Dollar Tree weekly circular online before you head to the store. I often read it so I can do a quick price comparison on featured items.
Make a list before you start shopping
I know it sounds kind of trivial to make a list of $1 items, but it’s incredibly easy to impulse buy at Dollar Tree. A tube of lipstick here, a bottle of perfume there…suddenly you’re spending $15 more than you meant to! Make a list and stick to it.
Do the math to see if you’re getting a good deal
Let’s say a 12-ounce bottle of body wash is $1 at Dollar Tree. Sounds like the best possible deal, right? Maybe not.
If a 20-ounce bottle of generic body wash costs $1.75 at another store, you’re paying less per ounce. You can use this Unit Price Calculator to determine if the $1 deal is the best one.
Dollar Tree Deals For All Beauty Lovers
As you can see, Dollar Tree is packed full of $1 beauty products for you to enjoy. To get the 15 product types on the list, visit your local store to snag these goodies.
Don’t forget to implement the tips I posted above; that way you can truly get the best value for your dollar.
If you like reading about money-saving beauty methods, I’ve got plenty of other Frugal For Less posts for you to check out. Some of them include:
- 8 DIY Beauty Recipes For Frugal Pampering
- 9 Money Saving Tips For Beauty And Fashion Lovers
- Top 36 Drugstore Makeup Deals Under $20
Enjoy reading these articles – and saving plenty of cash on makeup and beauty products! See a product that’s not on this list and should be? Let us know down below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!