WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
There are hundreds of work from home jobs advertised online.
Unfortunately, many of them are scams that won’t help you make money. The good news is that we research and review the legit work online opportunities.
This post features 10 different work from home jobs that are the real deal.
These jobs can be done from your laptop or desktop, and some of them can even be done via tablet or smartphone.
The options are very diverse, so finding online gigs that suit you is easy.
From college students to stay at home parents, these picks are perfect for all types of schedules.
Read on to see what’s available and the benefits of each job.
Take Surveys Online
If you want a commitment-free way to make a few hundred bucks per month, you should consider taking surveys online.
Survey websites and apps can be accessed 24/7 from all types of devices.
Committing a few hours per day or so makes a small part-time income realistic.
For best results, I always recommend using as many survey sites as possible.
This ensures that you never run out of options, and you’re less likely to get bored.
Below are some picks that have solid reputations.
Survey Junkie is pretty popular; over three million people use the site to make money.
You’ll take market research surveys about the products you use, your spending habits, and more.
Your profile information matches you with surveys you’re eligible for.
Survey Junkie main features include:
- High paying surveys averaging $1 to $3 per survey.
- Reliable payments and responsive customer support.
- Quick and free signup with a $0.25 bonus.
- Points-to-cash system; 100 points equal $1.
- Available for US, Canada, and Australia residents.
- Payout minimum of only $10.
- Payment options include PayPal and gift cards.
Read our Survey Junkie review for more info.
Vindale Research is considered one of the highest paying survey sites.
The company has paid $6,955,991 to date, and the number continues to rise.
Like other sites, your demographic info on your profile will match you with surveys. These are some additional highlights about Vindale Research:
- Hundreds of surveys are available at any given time.
- Surveys are diverse in length and payment.
- You receive $5 every time you refer a new user.
- You receive a $2 registration bonus.
- Known for making payments on time.
- No point conversion system is used – just cash.
- Available in the US, Canada, England, and Australia.
- Payments are made monthly via check or PayPal.
Read our Vindale Research review to learn more.
Pinecone Research has an excellent reputation in the survey community. They partner with major brand names to collect market research data.
The surveys you take help to improve common products like food and household supplies. Here’s what you need to know about Pinecone Research.
- Each survey pays a flat rate of $3.
- Surveys only take 10 to 15 minutes to complete.
- You receive e-mails every time you’re eligible for surveys.
- You’re never screened out of surveys you take.
- Users typically receive 1-2 surveys per week.
- The minimum payout amount is only $3.
- You can get paid via check, PayPal, gift cards, or merchandise.
View our Pinecone Research review for additional details.
Swagbucks is a bit different than the survey sites mentioned above. Swagbucks pays you to take surveys, but they offer many more ways to earn money.
You complete quick and simple tasks and get paid for each one. You can use their website or mobile app to complete these tasks. Swagbucks main highlights include:
- Get paid to take surveys, watch videos, read e-mails, and more.
- Each survey or task is worth points called SB.
- 1 SB is worth about $0.01 or more.
- There are hundreds of tasks at any given time.
- Available to people of all ages across the globe.
- One-time bonuses are often available.
- Refer users and get 10% of their earnings for life.
- Payouts start as low as $3.00 or 300 SB.
- Payment options include PayPal and gift cards.
See our Swagbucks review to get more info.
YouGov is a fairly well-known survey site with good user feedback. Unlike most survey sites, YouGov surveys are about politics, current events, media, and more.
You simply share your anonymous opinion on different topics. YouGov data is shared by thousands of different media outlets and other platforms. The site has 2 million US-based users and 6 million users total. Other features include:
- Surveys that are unique and interesting.
- E-mail notifications any time you’re eligible for a survey.
- Accurate time estimates for how long surveys will take.
- Available in dozens of different countries.
- Usually receive multiple surveys per week.
- Quick bonus surveys frequently offered at end of regular surveys.
- Payment made via PayPal or gift cards.
Learn more by reading our full YouGov review.
Online tutoring jobs offer impressive hourly pay; the gigs listed below average about $20 per hour. You typically get to set your own schedule and work as often as you’d like. Through these websites, you’ll teach English to young students in China and other countries.
You don’t need to know a second language, but a college degree may be required. Many tutors work early morning hours to meet the schedules of their international students.
Some sites pay hourly, and others pay per minute or per session. See your options below to find one that fits you.
VIPKID is a leading online tutoring platform. There are over 20,000 tutors using VIPKID to work from home. English tutors are hired to educate elementary-aged Chinese students.
You don’t need to speak Chinese to be a VIPKID tutor. The criteria for VIPKID is pretty easy to meet. Here’s what else you should know about the company:
- Tutors earn $14 to $22 per hour.
- Average earnings are $2,000 per month.
- Tutors typically work 3 to 5 hours per day.
- Bonus payments are available based on your work.
- Tutors are paired one-on-one with students.
- Teaching sessions last 25 minutes each.
- Sessions take place over video chat.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field is required.
- Formal or informal teaching experience is required.
- Applicants go through an interview process.
- Tutors are paid monthly via direct deposit.
Our VIPKID review offers more helpful information.
Qkids is another tutoring platform that pairs English tutors with young Chinese students. This part-time position doesn’t require you to speak Chinese. Third-party feedback and tutor feedback for Qkids is generally positive.
These are the major highlights you need to know about the job:
- Tutors must work at least six hours per week.
- Tutors typically work six to 19 hours per week.
- Pay ranges from $16 to $20 per hour.
- Bonus payments opportunities are available.
- Accepted applicants go through paid training.
- A university degree or current university enrollment is required.
- Tutors must be native English speakers from the US or Canada.
- Payments are made monthly via direct deposit.
Chegg, formerly known as InstaEDU, is a popular online platform for US-based tutors and students. Tutors are hired to teach a wide variety of different subjects for students of all ages.
This position allows you to set your own flexible schedule with no hourly minimums. Current and former Chegg tutors generally leave positive reviews online. Here’s what else you need to know:
- Chegg pays tutors $20 per hour.
- Applicants must have a four-year university degree or be currently enrolled in a four-year university program.
- Tutors can earn $10 bonuses for referring tutors to Chegg.
- Bonuses are also available for teaching in-demand subjects.
- Scheduling is 100% flexible.
- Tutors choose the subjects they want to teach.
- Students leave feedback for tutors after sessions.
- Payments are sent every Tuesday via PayPal.
Read our Chegg review for more details.
Cambly is another platform for English teacher and international students. However, it’s unique from other jobs for a few different reasons. Cambly is very laid back, and requirements for tutoring sessions are minimal.
This position typically generates a part-time income for tutors. More details about Cambly include:
- Cambly pays $0.17 per minute ($10.20 per hour).
- No specific experience or educational requirements are necessary.
- The application and hiring process is quick and easy.
- Tutors have casual English conversations with students.
- Sessions are one-on-one and take place via video chat.
- Sessions can be completed via computer or smartphone.
- There is no set schedule or minimum hourly requirements.
- Payments are made every Monday via PayPal.
Learn more in our Cambly tutor review.
Website testing is a laid back and fun way to make money online. You simply review websites by giving written and verbal feedback. You’ll need to have a built-in or external microphone for most of these jobs. You will typically earn about $10 for 15 minutes of work.
This is another gig that offers a potential for part-time income. Website testing makes it possible to earn a few hundred bucks per month. But you’ll need to join multiple sites to find steady work.
Fortunately, signing up is pretty easy and there are minimal requirements. The sites below are some top picks.
UserTesting is one of the most popular website testing platforms. Businesses use the platform to get genuine feedback about their websites and apps.
Eligibility requirements are pretty easy for anyone to meet. Tests are available randomly, so income can fluctuate each week or month. Here are more details about UserTesting:
- Each test pays $10 and takes about 20 minutes.
- Anyone over 18 can sign up if they meet basic computer requirements.
- Your screen is recorded using secure software while you test websites.
- You provide verbal feedback and written feedback.
- Your demographic information determines what tests you’re eligible for.
- You’ll receive e-mail alerts when tests are available.
- Many reviews say testers get 1 to 5 tests per month on average.
- Payments are automatically sent exactly seven days after a test is completed.
- All payments are sent via PayPal.
Check out our UserTesting review to learn more.
Userfeel is pretty similar to UserTesting, and you can easily be a tester for both sites. The platform accepts international users, and eligibility requirements are easy to meet.
There’s no way to tell how many tests you can take per month. Other important Userfeel details include:
- Payment is $10 per 10 to 20-minute test.
- Your demographic info determines what tests you’re eligible for.
- Clients can leave ratings about your performance.
- Highly-rated testers get access to more tests.
- Signup is easy if you meet simple computer requirements.
- Payment is sent about one week after you complete a test.
- Payments are sent via PayPal or Payoneer.
TryMyUI is a lot like the website testing platforms mentioned above. The company doesn’t list age or location requirements on their website. The number of tests you’ll receive may fluctuate weekly and monthly. Other essential details about TryMyUI are as follows:
- Testers are paid $10 per test.
- Each test lasts approximately 20 minutes.
- Testers can typically take a few tests per week.
- Your screen is recorded via software while you take each test.
- Payments are made weekly on Fridays.
- All payments are sent via PayPal.
With online transcription jobs, you transcribe video or audio files into text. Some websites require prior experience, but the ones featured here do not. Transcribers for these companies average about $250 per month. However, the top transcribers often earn $2,000 per month or more.
You can work whenever you want to with online transcription jobs. The gigs typically pay per word or per file. If you type fast and accurately, you’re likely to earn a solid part-time income. You’ll likely need to pass a basic transcription test to start working, and the process is pretty fast.
Rev is one of the most well-known websites for online transcription work. No experience is necessary to apply or get accepted. Other requirements are easy for anyone to meet, and Rev accepts international workers.
You can work whenever you want for as long as you want. Other essential details about Rev include:
- Average earnings are $245 per month.
- Top monthly earnings are $1,495 per month.
- You’ll complete a grammar and transcription test when you apply.
- Hundreds of transcription files are available at any given time.
- Rev provides many training resources.
- Applications are approved or denied within 48 hours.
- Payments are made every Monday via PayPal.
Since 1999, QuickTate has offered transcription services to major companies including Coca-Cola and Ford. Transcribers are hired to transcribe audio files and written documents.
QuickTate seeks out experienced typists and transcriptionists. Other requirements and highlights include:
- General transcription tasks pay ¼ cent per word.
- Medical transcription tasks pay ½ cent per word.
- Your pay is heavily based on how quickly you can type.
- Applicants need to meet the requirements listed here.
- Applicants must pass a typing test and QuickTate guidelines test.
- Payments are made each Monday via PayPal.
TranscribeMe is another transcription site that’s pretty similar to Rev. It’s pretty easy to apply and get hired. Experience isn’t required, and there’s no schedule to commit to. If you’re new to transcription, this is a great gig to start with. Main highlights about TranscribeMe include:
- Average monthly earnings are $250.
- Top monthly earnings are $2,220.
- Pay starts at $20 per audio hour.
- Applicants must pass transcription and style guide exams.
- Experienced transcriptionists can access higher paying work.
- There are opportunities for career advancement.
- Transcription files are short 1-2 minute clips.
- You can request payment at any time for your weekly earnings.
- All payments are made via PayPal.
At-home customer service jobs offer hourly pay and more traditional work. You’ll typically provide customer service via chat support, phone calls, and e-mails. Most of these positions are part-time, but seasonal and full-time jobs are also available. Experience is often preferred but not always required.
Hourly pay varies depending on the company you work for, your work experience, and other factors. Workers report that the gigs below typically pay $10 to $15 per hour.
Make sure to update your resume when you apply for one of these positions. Showcase your Internet skills and customer service experience to stand out.
Liveops was founded in 2002 and employs over 20,000 customer services agents. This popular company provides customer service for major insurance firms and healthcare corporations.
Their requirements are somewhat strict and can be found in the review linked below. Here are some crucial things you need to know about Liveops:
- Liveops pays at least $0.25 per minute of talk time.
- Talk time is the number of minutes you spend on the phone with customers.
- Certain positions pay $0.32 per minute or more.
- Indeed.com says average hourly pay is $11.55 to $14.51 per hour.
- Agents are hired for six-month work contracts.
- Hourly schedules vary with each job listing.
- Many positions offer 20 to 35 hours per week of work.
- Liveops pays twice per month via check or direct deposit.
More details are listed in our Liveops review.
Convergys is a popular and reputable customer service platform. Their work at home positions require minimum hourly commitments, and full-time work is available.
The company also offers great benefits to their customer service agents. There are educational and experience requirements that are pretty easy to meet. Here are more highlights about Convergys work at home position:
- Part-time and full-time schedules are available.
- Day, evening, and overnight shifts are available.
- Applicants must have some availability seven days per week.
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- One year of customer service experience is required.
- Third-party sites say Convergys pays $10 per hour or more.
- Attendance and performance bonuses are available.
- Convergys offers a full benefits package that includes medical coverage, 401K, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Apple At Home Advisors are customer service agents that do a wide variety of tasks. They take care of AppleCare issues, provide tech support, and address concerns.
This job is completely done at home, and there are part-time and full-time positions. It’s a pretty sought after job for many reasons. Here are some more features and details:
- Glassdoor.com reports that Apple At Home Advisors average $15 per hour.
- Benefits packages are offered to both full-time and part-time workers.
- Apple seeks applicants with excellent time management and customer service skills.
- Applicants must be able to type 40 WPM.
- Applicants must pass a background check.
- Workers are given an iMac to use for this at-home position.
- Workers receive a 25% discount on all Apple products.
- Accepted applicants must complete five to six weeks of job training.
- Flexible hours are available, but schedules are set ahead of time.
See our Apple At Home Advisor review to learn more.
Search Engine Evaluator
Google, Bing, and other search engines heavily rely on the work of search engine evaluators. These workers evaluate search engine results for various keywords and phrases.
This helps improve the results that people see when using search engines. Each company has criteria for evaluation that workers follow.
Search engine evaluators typically work part-time and earn an hourly wage. The companies below pay an average of $12 to $13 per hour. You can usually set a flexible schedule to suit your daily routine.
Experience isn’t needed for these gigs, but you do have to pass tests based on study material you receive.
Leapforce At Home is a digital company that hires search engine evaluators to work from home. Workers are hired as independent contractors, meaning that this is a self-employment job. Leapforce pays per hour, and flexible scheduling is typically available. Experience isn’t required to get hired. More highlights for this Leapforce gig include:
- Applicants must have good comprehension and written communication skills.
- Applicants for the US-based positions must be 100% fluent in English.
- A college degree is preferred but not required.
- Workers can choose a part-time or full-time schedule.
- Hours are flexible, but the schedules are made ahead of time.
- Applicants must pass a thorough exam.
- Applicants are given study materials to use prior to the exam.
- This position reportedly pays $13.50 per hour or more.
- Payments are made once per month via direct deposit.
See our Leapforce review to get additional details.
iSoftStone is a crowdsourcing company that offers work from home gigs. This opportunity is fairly different from Leapforce. iSoftStone offers micro-tasks that only take a few minutes to complete.
Workers are paid a small amount per task and have access to hundreds at a time. A lot of the available work includes search engine evaluation tasks. Read the following list for more iSoftStone details:
- This position offers 10 to 25 hours per week of work.
- Applicants must be US based and native English speakers.
- Applicants should be responsible and focused on quality work.
- Free training is provided, but it is unpaid training.
- Proficiency with computer and Internet programs is required.
- Workers must sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) when they’re hired.
- Third-party sites report that workers earn $13 per hour or more.
- Third-party sites report that payments are made monthly via PayPal or direct deposit.
Our iSoftStone review has more helpful information.
Content writing is a pretty diverse option for working online. You can work whenever you want, and you can write for as many companies as you want.
That means you can choose a part-time or full-time income without a set schedule. It’s easy for content writers to earn hundreds of dollars per month on part-time schedules.
These companies usually pay writers per word or per post. No experience is required, though you usually need to pass a spelling and grammar test.
Your pay rate can increase depending on the quality of your work, too. I recommend signing up with as many sites as possible. This ensures you’ll always have plenty of options to write and make money.
WritersDomain is a content website that has a pretty good reputation. Experience isn’t required to get hired, but they do have higher standards than other sites. Writers work remotely and don’t have to follow a schedule.
They can simply log into their accounts and pick up available work. This is what else you should know about WritersDomain:
- Applicants must pass a grammar test.
- Applicants must submit a writing sample.
- Writing samples must be 400 words long.
- Writers can write as few or as many articles as they want.
- Writers are paid about $0.02 to $0.05 per word.
- Ratings are given by editors based on work quality.
- Good ratings can lead to higher paying work.
- Writers are paid via PayPal on the 5th of each month.
Textbroker is definitely one of the most well-known content mills. Since 2008, they’ve hired writers to write blog posts, articles, and other types of content.
You don’t need experience to get accepted, but quality grammar and spelling skills are needed. You can pick up assignments anytime you want, and there is often a wide range of work to choose from. Other noteworthy details about Textbroker include:
- Applicants fill out a short form and submit a writing sample.
- The writing sample is given a star rating that’s 2-star, 3-star, or 4-star.
- Your sample should reflect your basic grammar, spelling, and writing skills.
- Writers are paid per word based on their rating.
- Editors frequently review author work, so ratings can change.
- Payment for general assignments ranges from 0.7 to 5.0 cents per word.
- Special assignments pay more per word.
- A $10 minimum is needed to request payment.
- Textbroker pays weekly on Thursdays via PayPal
Read our Textbroker review for more highlights.
iWriter is another fairly popular content mill where over 735,000 writers work. Most of the assignments that writers complete are articles and blog posts.
Like other content mills, iWriter doesn’t have any hourly requirements or schedules. Writers have the freedom to work whenever they want, and there’s usually plenty of assignments available. Additional iWriter details you should know are:
- Applicants don’t need any writing experience.
- The application process is very simple and fast.
- Writers are paid per assignment depending on their writer level.
- All newcomers begin at Standard level.
- Standard level writers earn about $2.67 per 500-word assignment.
- The other levels are Premium, Elite, and Elite Plus.
- Elite Plus writers can earn over $30 per 500-word assignment.
- Writers can choose to get paid weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly.
- A $20 minimum account balance is needed to get paid.
- All payments are sent automatically via PayPal.
Look over our iWriter review to learn more.
You can easily see that there are many real work from home jobs. Working online means you get to choose a position that is 100% right for you.
This makes it possible to reach any income goal that you set. For even more work from home gigs, read 35 Work From Home Gigs That Pay Weekly Or Daily and 25+ Best Survey Sites: Get Paid $600/Month Or More From Home.