WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- DoorDash: Drive for DoorDash and start earning money on your own time! No passengers, no bosses, no limits. Drive For DoorDash Now & Get Your First Paycheck This Week
If you’re reading about making money online, you’ve probably heard of popular websites like Swagbucks.
This is a great example of a GPT platform; this is one of the easiest ways to make extra money.
GPT websites and apps may look a little confusing at first, but they’re simple once you learn a bit about them. In this post, you’ll find everything you need to know about making money through the best GPT platforms.
What Is A GPT Website Or App?
A ‘get-paid-to’ or ‘GPT’ website that pays you to complete short and easy tasks. Advertisers and market research companies use GPT sites to pay members for tasks like surveys and watching videos.
It’s 100% free to register as a member of any legitimate website. Signing up is usually a very easy process, and it’s easy to meet their simple eligibility requirements.
GPT websites have been around for almost 20 years, and most platforms have millions of members. They’re also available as apps for smartphones and tablets, so you can earn money whenever and wherever.
What Tasks Do You Get Paid To Do?
The small tasks you get paid to do are similar on every GPT site and app. The list below includes the most common examples of short and easy tasks. You make money when you:
- take surveys
- join partner survey sites
- click website links (paid-to-click tasks)
- read daily emails
- browse the Internet
- download and try apps
- complete free offers (see example below)
- complete paid offers (see example below)
- watch videos
- play games
- earn cash back shopping online
- follow the GPT site on social media
- refer new users to the GPT site
- meet participation goals
Many sites will pay you to complete free and paid offers. It’s important to know the difference between the two.
Free offers do not require you to enter any credit card info or make a purchase. For example, you can get paid to sign up for promotional emails from a partner company.
Paid offers either require you to make a purchase or submit your credit card info. For example, you can get paid to sign up for an online streaming service or a free trial of one.
The fine print for the free trial says that your subscription will be renewed after the trial ends. That’s why your credit card info is collected.
How Much Can You Make Online With GPT Sites?
The pay for each small task is usually based on length and difficulty. Short and simple ones like reading emails will pay a few cents, and long surveys can pay up to a few dollars.
Some platforms use points-to-cash systems, so you’ll see that each task is worth a certain number of points. Make sure to check the GPT site FAQ to see how much points are worth.
Below you’ll find some pay examples for some common GPT tasks. These examples are real amounts listed on major GPT websites and apps.
- take a survey – $0.05 to $2.50
- read an email – $0.02 per email
- browse the web – $0.01 per search
- join partner survey sites – $0.50 to $4.00
- click website links – $0.01 per click
- download and try a game app – $0.20 to $1.00
- complete free offer – $0.25 to $4.00
- complete paid offer – $5.00 to $15.00 and higher
- watch videos – $0.01 to $0.03
- earn cash back shopping – 1% to 8% cash back
- refer new users – 10% to 30% of the earnings of each referral
The pay per task will vary with each platform, but you can use the pay ranges above to get a good idea of possible earnings.
There are always hundreds and thousands of tasks available on GPT sites. This means you can earn money 24/7, and how much money you make is up to you.
Some people use GPT sites 1-2 hours a day or less for some extra spending money. Others use multiple GPT platforms for hours per day and earn hundreds of dollars per month.
How Do You Get Paid By GPT Sites?
GPT sites usually offer cash and/or gift cards as forms of payment. Many offer both so you can choose whichever you want at the time. Payout method depends on the site, but some common methods include:
- direct deposit
- paper check sent by mail
- digital gift cards
- physical gift card (least common)
You can usually read about payment options on the main page or FAQ page of a GPT site. You may also find details on how long it takes to receive payment.
You’ll have to earn a certain amount of money or points to redeem for cash or gift cards. Minimum payout thresholds may be as low as $1 or as high as $30.
In many cases, a GPT platform will have different payout minimums depending on the reward you choose. For example, you may need $5 to get a gift card payment and $10 to get a PayPal payment.
Who Can Join GPT Sites And Apps?
One of the best things about popular GPT sites and apps is that almost anyone can join them. There are very few restrictions for members; the criteria below is usually that’s required:
- Age requirements – Swagbucks accepts users age 13 and older, PrizeRebel accepts users age 16 and older, and InboxDollars accepts users age 18 and older.
- Location requirements – Some platforms are available in dozens of countries internationally. Others may only accept members from North America and Europe. You’ll see any info about this when you sign up.
- Valid email address – You need a valid email address to sign up for any GPT platform. You’ll typically receive a verification email to confirm your membership.
- Demographic info – GPT sites are used for market research and advertising, so they need to know their audience. You’ll typically provide your gender, age, income, employment industry, marital status, and similar details.
These are usually the only requirements, and you can see they’re easy to meet. You can find more details about requirements in the terms and conditions of a GPT platform.
If you’re not eligible for some GPT sites, check out our list of international survey sites. You may find some great options for getting paid to take surveys online.
Pros And Cons Of Using GPT Websites
Every way to make money online has pros and cons. GPT sites have some great features, but there may be some downsides.
The list of GPT site pros and cons below is based on member feedback, facts about the sites, third-party reviews, and in-depth research.
- Multiple ways to earn money through one site.
- New member bonuses are often available.
- Referral bonuses are often available.
- 100% flexible way to earn – no time restrictions.
- Cash back opportunities for frugal online shopping.
- Different payment options are available. (PayPal, gift cards, etc.)
- Many sites have paid millions in rewards to members.
- Hundreds or thousands of small tasks 24/7.
- Easy access through smartphone, tablet, or computer.
- Many bonuses offered for participation, milestones, etc.
- No experience required to make money online.
- Minimum payout amounts may be hard to meet.
- Some sites have limited payout options (i.e. only gift cards, no cash).
- Getting disqualified during surveys is common.
- Promotional emails and junk email is sent frequently.
- It can take several days to receive payments.
- Completing paid offers requires you to give credit card info.
- May be difficult to earn more than a few dollars per day.
There’s a pretty solid list of good things about GPT sites. You can use them as a fast easy way to make money online. No experience is needed to use them, and you get to complete tasks whenever you want.
It’s important to consider the list of cons, but they aren’t major red flags at all. GPTs are a real way to earn extra money, so there’s no get rich quick scam here. Just keep that in mind and be cautious with paid offers, and you’re good to go.
What Are The Best GPT Sites?
There are quite a few GPT sites and apps, but a few stand out from the crowd. This is largely because of their long histories and positive reputations.
Some of the sites below are US only platforms, but the other ones are available internationally.
The ‘get-paid-to’ idea is the same for all of them, but each one has unique perks.
Read on to find out about the history of these GPT sites, how they pay, how much you might earn, and more. You’ll also find links to Frugal For Less reviews for many of them, too.
Swagbucks is known for being a top GPT site that’s available in dozens of countries. There are over 10 million members, and members have received $367,817,895 in cash and rewards to date.
The type of tasks on Swagbucks are all in the above section about GPT tasks. Some of their top ways to earn include surveys, completing cash back offers, and referral/other bonuses.
Our 2019 Swagbucks review gives you some great examples of how much the tasks pay. Even with casual use, you can easily make a few dollars per day.
Each task is worth points called SB, and 100 SB is equal to $1.00. In this Reddit thread, many Swagbucks members say they earn $100 or more per month.
Swagbucks offers payment through PayPal and tons of gift card choices. You can get gift cards starting as low as $3.00, and PayPal is available starting at $25.00.
InboxDollars is comparable to Swagbucks in popularity, and both platforms have been around for nearly 20 years. This platform also has millions of members and have paid more than $56 million in cash and gift cards.
Surveys are a common way to earn on InboxDollars, along with completing offers, reading emails, and referring friends. There’s a lot of diversity in each task category, so it’s easy to find ones that fit you well. These are some of the current paid tasks:
- print free coupons + using free coupons
- signing up for a free survey site
- reading up to four emails per day
- surveys ranging from 5 to 20 minutes each
- watch ad and non-ad videos
- cash back through online shopping
- referring new members
- creating a free Credit Karma account
- subscribing to a discounted meal delivery service
Our InboxDollars review gives several examples of how much each task pays. A few minutes of use per day will easily net you some spare cash, and a few hours daily can equal $100+ monthly.
InboxDollars pays via paper check or gift cards. All payments are available when you’ve earned a minimum of $30.
PrizeRebel is a bit newer than other GPT sites, but they’ve built a solid reputation since 2007. The platform has rewarded members with over $8,000,000 in cash and gift cards.
The main way members earn with PrizeRebel is by taking surveys, watching videos, and completing offers. The free and paid trial offers available include:
- printing coupons
- completing surveys on partner websites
- signing up for a free sample website
- completing a two-week Shipt trial
- subscribing to Hulu
- installing a free cash back app
- signing up for a free credit score website
Like Swagbucks, this GPT site uses points where 100 points are equal to $1.00. Recent surveys paid anywhere from 65 points to 210 points and about 10 to 25 minutes each.
Offers ranged from 20 points to 1,000 points or more. The free and easy offers typically range from 20 to 100 points, and the higher paying ones require credit card info or purchases.
There’s typically plenty of tasks and surveys available on PrizeRebel. The earning potential is pretty comparable to other GPT platforms, and our PrizeRebel review will help you use your time wisely
You can choose payment through gift cards or PayPal. Gift cards payments are available starting at $2.00, and PayPal starts at $5.00.
As you can see from their name, InstaGC pays members with instant gift cards. They have over 340 gift card options, and members have redeemed over 1,234,800 gift cards.
There’s a great variety of small tasks on InstaGC. The tasks are all worth points, and 100 points are equal to $1.00. You can make money through:
- downloading and installing apps
- visiting and browsing websites
- shopping online
- completing surveys
- completing micro tasks (read our micro job site review to learn more)
- signing up for free offers
- signing up for paid trial offers
- watching videos
- referring new users
- being a consistently active member
With this many options, you won’t get bored or run out of tasks to complete. Check out our updated 2019 InstaGC review for tips on using the site.
You only need $1.00 in your account to redeem points for gift cards. This makes it incredibly easy to get paid fast online without hard work.
MyPoints is a little different from other GPT sites because it’s a cash back portal that also offers small paid tasks. Members have earned more than $236,000,000 in gift cards and cash.
Each task you complete through MyPoints is worth a set amount of points. When you shop online, you earn points per dollar you spend at over 1,900 retailers.
According to the main MyPoints web page, 1,750 points are equal to $10.00. This is how many points you can earn using this GPT platform:
- up to 500 points per day for watching videos
- up to 300 points per survey you complete
- five points for reading emails/clicking links within emails
- 10 points per dollar spent when playing paid games
- up to 25 points per dollar spent on cash back offers
When you’ve earned enough points, you can redeem them for gift cards or PayPal cash. There are over 75 gift card options, and $5.00 gift cards to Amazon are only 790 points.
If you want PayPal cash, you’ll need 3,970 points for a $25 PayPal payment. To learn more about this site, read our MyPoints review.
Tips For Using The Best GPT Sites/Apps
Now that you know all about GPT sites and which ones to try, you’ll need a few tips to earn as much as possible. Fortunately, the tips on this list are very simple yet they go a long way. Keep these in mind as you start using GPT platforms:
1. Read reviews about each site and app.
This tip is important for two big reasons. You can also apply this advice to other websites for making money online.
First, you want to make sure the site or app isn’t a scam. If you can’t find reviews or payment proof, be wary of using it or providing your personal information.
The other reason is so you can learn what to expect from the GPT platform. You’ll see positive, neutral, and negative reviews, and you can use these to set realistic goals about how much you can earn.
2. Open a PayPal account if you don’t have one.
Many GPT websites make cash payments through PayPal. Plan ahead by creating a free account to speed up the GPT signup process.
You can link your bank accounts, credit cards, and debit cards to PayPal. When a GPT is sent to your PayPal account, you’ll choose which account/card you want your money sent to.
3. Read about each site’s referral and signup bonuses.
Bonuses are a huge money earner for many committed GPT site users. They’re an easy way to instantly get paid for:
- Referring new users to the site.
- Receiving your own signup bonus.
- Completing daily goals.
- Meeting milestones for tasks completed.
- Filling out your profile.
- Installing free GPT browser extensions.
You can usually find out all about referral’s on a site’s FAQ page. If you can’t find the details there, they’re usually available in GPT reviews.
4. Create a separate email account for GPT use.
If you don’t want promotional emails flooding your inbox, create a free email account just for GPT sites. Since GPT sites are used by advertisers, having a separate email prevents spam.
The email address can be used for membership signup, too. Also use it for paid tasks like:
- paid emails (promotional emails you’re paid to open)
- completing offers (such as signing up for a coupon or sample site)
- receiving member-only promotions
It only takes 1-2 minutes to create a free email account. Take the time to do this and you’ll save yourself from future hassle.
5. Use your downtime to earn because it all adds up.
You may feel like spending an hour or two on GPT sites and apps is the only way to make real money. The truth is that many GPT members use their downtime to make money that adds up fast.
You can easily use GPT apps while you’re watching TV, waiting for appointments, riding the bus, and the list goes on. Spending 10 or so minutes on surveys and tasks whenever you can is one of the best ways to boost your earnings.
6. Never join a GPT site if membership isn’t 100% free.
Real websites for making money do not charge signup fees. If you see a GPT or survey site that asks you to pay, that’s a big red flag to run away.
The only time you’ll be asked to spend money is for cashback deals and paid offers. Both of these are totally optional, so you can use GPT websites without spending a single cent.
7. If you sign up for paid trial offers, set reminders to cancel them.
Many paid offers give you a free or discounted trial for a service. For example, you may get paid $3.00 to try a free 30-day trial for a video streaming service.
These kinds of offers require you to provide your credit card info. If you forget to cancel after 30 days, your card will automatically be charged for another month of video streaming.
If you decide to try out paid offers, always set calendar or alarm reminders to cancel them. This will ensure you don’t get charged and end up losing money.
8. Follow your favorite GPT platforms on social media sites.
Swagbucks uses social media to offer members exclusive bonuses. They typically post short promo codes that you enter into the site or app. For example:
- Swagbucks post the Swag Code ‘FREE5’ on Twitter or Facebook.
- You copy and paste the code into the app or website.
- You instantly get five free SB ($0.05).
These bonuses are small, but they’re often posted daily or multiple times per day. They’re a totally free way to increase your earnings.
9. Use the search engines on GPT sites.
InboxDollars and Swagbucks both have their own search engines. They work just like Google, so you can use them every time you search.
The amount you earn per search usually varies but is typically a few cents per search. Some GPT sites also offer bonuses when you use the search engines for several days in a row.
More Sites And Apps That Pay You
Now that you’ve learned how to use GPT sites, you can use them as real ways to earn money online. You’ve got total flexibility, they’re easy to use, and the sites are truly legit.
GPT platforms are just some of the sites and apps that pay you. If you want to learn more about making money online, check out the Frugal For Less posts below.