WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
Here on FFL we try to help readers make the most amount of money with the least amount of effort. Swagbucks is a rewards program that allows you to run videos and earn cash without the need for much interaction with your phone.
What Is Swagbucks?
Swagbucks is a rewards program that pays you to complete certain tasks online. Rewards are given in the form of either gift cards to popular retailers or PayPal cash outs. This includes watching videos, daily check-ins, completing offers, and much more. However, most of these activities take a lot of effort.
The one task that doesn’t require much effort is watching videos, and that’s what we’re going to focus on in this article. Simply start up the app each day and let it run. Points will accumulate until you’ve reached your maximum daily limit for the amount of points earned. You simply restart it the following day.
What most people don’t realize is that there are actually 6 Swagbucks Apps that run videos, but they’re all linked together and your points will aggregate into one account. In order to get the maximum amount of points per day and $25/month, you’ll need to run all apps to their daily limit.
It’s Best To Get Multiple Phones
It takes quite a bit of time to reach the daily limit for each app, at about 4 – 6 hours depending on your internet connection and processing power of your phone. For this matter, we recommend getting at least 2 phones in order to maximize your earnings.
This will require you to open another another app once one has maxed out. However, you can use the money you earn from Swagbucks to buy more phones.
Since there are 6 video apps in total, the laziest you can be is to run all of the apps on 6 different phones. This way each morning you can start all apps right when you wake up and not have to worry about closing your current app to open another one, yet we realize people might wait until they earn cash on one phone before deciding to buy more.
The phone we recommend that has one of the cheapest prices and will run the Swagbucks apps smoothly is the LG Fuel Phone. You can usually find them for $20 on Amazon or Walmart. Walmart is currently holding a special on refurbished LG Fuels for just $16 with free shipping.
If you decide to stick with just one phone, you can still make a decent amount of money, but you won’t be able to reach the maximum daily limit on all of the apps. Points that you earn are called Swagbucks (SB), and 1 Swagbuck is equivalent to $.01 cent.
What Are The Apps?
Here are the six apps that you need to download with their maximum daily point value. In order to optimize your time and earnings, you would use 6 phones and put 1 app on each phone.
- Swagbucks TV – 36 SB Daily Limit
- Lifestylez – 10 SB Daily Limit
- EntertaiNow – 10 SB Daily Limit
- Movieclips – 10 SB Daily Limit
- Sportly – 10 SB Daily Limit
- IndyMusic – 10 SB Daily Limit
You can earn a maximum of 86 Swagbucks a day from videos alone ($.86 cents). Feel free to complete other tasks to increase your earnings, but these methods aren’t as passive.
Multiply this amount by the amount of days in a month and you’re at around $25/month. However, this amount increases when you meet your daily goal for an extended period of time.
Earn More Points Passively
Swagbucks has a built-in daily goal feature that automatically rewards you bonus points provided that you earn a minimum amount of SB on a daily basis. This amount changes each day.
For example, when you earn 30 SB in one day, you’re given 3 SB as a reward. You can then step it up a level and get another 3 SB after you reach 70 SB in one day. The more often you reach your goal, the harder your goal gets.
You also earn points based on a winning streak. This entails you meeting your daily goal for a certain amount of days in a row. Here are the current winning streak bonuses:
- Daily Goal Met 7 Days In A Row – 25 SB
- Daily Goal Met 14 Days In A Row – 100 SB
- Daily Goal Met 21 Days In A Row – 200 SB
- Daily Goal Met For A Month Straight – 300 SB
Since these bonuses can change and incrementally get harder the more you earn, it’s difficult to estimate the amount you’ll earn. However, we’re going to assume that you meet it most of the time and earn an extra 500 SB into your account.
Add this amount together with the $25/month from watching videos alone and this is where we get our total of $30/month of passive income. If you’re daily goal does get a bit high (sometimes up to 120 SB in a day), you can always do other tasks on the site to earn more points and thus keep your streak going.
How Do I Get Started?
We’re going to walk you through the process of getting started with a passive income from Swagbucks in just 5 easy steps. If you have any further questions, you can leave them in the comments below.
1. Register. You can register for a new Swagbucks account by clicking this link here. Sign-up only requires your email and to create a password along with email verification.
2. Download apps. Download all 6 apps listed above for either your iOS or Android device and let the videos run continuously. It doesn’t matter which video category you choose. Once you reach your daily limit, they’ll stop automatically.
3. Reach your daily goal and winning streaks. Remember that this amount is given to you automatically provided that you reach the daily goal (a minimum amount of SB) each day. You won’t have to do any extra work to receive this. Meet your daily goal for many days in a row and you can get a bonus for having a winning streak.
4. Cash Out. You can cash out with a minimum of 300 SB for a $3 Amazon Gift Card. They have a wide variety of other retailers that you can save up for.
5. Refer your friends. For each friend that you refer, you earn 10% of all their earnings. If you invite 5 friends and they all use this same method earning $30/month, you’ll get a bonus of $3 x 5 = $15 for a total of $45/month for little to no work. If you’d like to support FFL and use our referral link, we’d greatly appreciate it!
Common Problems & FAQ
Here are some common problems and questions that people have encountered when using these apps.
Pop-Up Ads (Not Currently Working)
Forums such as Reddit have reported that the app sometimes has pop-up ads that appear during videos. In order to get the next video to play, you have to click on an x in order to close the ad. While this isn’t a problem now, it is entirely possible that they come back.
Usually people report pop-up ads sometimes only appearing on iPhones and not Android devices, which is why we recommended the LG Fuel Phones above to run Swagbucks apps.
My Daily Bonus Is Too High
If you continually hit your daily bonus for a long time, you might run into the problem that it’s too high to reach with videos alone. If that’s the case, we recommend doing these tasks that require minimal effort in order to reach it:
- Daily Poll
- Daily Crave
- Daily Offers (NOSO)
Take note that the points you earn from referrals will not count toward your daily bonus.
Can You Have More Than One Account Per Household?
Yes, but you should take into consideration the amount bandwidth you’re using. Comcast currently has a limit of 300 GB of data used per month with their lowest residential plan. Beyond that you may be required to pay a bit extra.
Based on past experience, if you run 6 phones for a month straight you’ll use anywhere from 100GB – 200GB of data alone. For this reason, we don’t recommend using more than 2 accounts per household. Having too many phones running may slow down your internet and you may cross the threshold of your bandwidth limit.
Finally, it is possible that Swagbucks asks to verify your ID for multiple accounts under the same IP. They’re very strict about scammers, so try to be as legitimate as possible.
Do I Actually Have To Watch The Videos?
This is an incredibly easy way to earn a passive income. If you really want it to be effortless, install 1 app on 6 different phones. However, to start off this might not be very practical if you don’t want to spend any extra money.
We get 2,500 SB per month just from the videos running, and an estimated additional 500 for reaching daily goals and winning streaks. This is a great way to create a (nearly) passive income with little work. You can also read our full Swagbucks Review. Enjoy!