WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- Webull: Earn 2 free stocks of value between $5 - $1,400 when you open a new account and make your first deposit of any amount. Open Your Webull Account Now
Are you a native speaker of English? If so, then you already qualify to become an English tutor on the PalFish App. Help others improve their English by video chatting with them from your phone. You can also set your own rates so that you can charge as much or little as you’d like.
What Is PalFish?
PalFish is a free mobile app available for both iOS and Android devices. The goal of the app is to help non-native speakers improve their English while giving native English speakers a chance to earn some extra cash on the side.
PalFish realizes that the best way to improve any foreign language skill is to practice it by speaking. The app was originally designed for Chinese students in particular, but anybody wishing to practice can join.
We previously reviews an app that also allows you to earn money by chatting with non-native speakers called NiceTalk. However, there’s a cap at $10/hour. With PalFish, you can set your rates anywhere from .5 to 5 RMB per minute ($4.80 to $45.60 per hour). The average rate is at 1.5 RMB, which is equal to $13.80 per hour, much higher than minimum wage!
If it’s your first time on the app, we recommend starting a bit lower than the 1.5 RMB average until you get a few positive reviews. From there, it’s quite easy to still take in regular students while gradually increasing your pay.
Furthermore, on NiceTalk you’re required to speak an entire hour before you get paid. With PalFish, you get paid by the minute, meaning even if you stop a little bit early you’ll still get paid for the time that you talked.
You’re able to set your own schedule for each day of the week. You’ll soon find that usually the best hours are from late at night to really early in the morning (11PM to 6 AM) since there’s a huge gap in time difference between the US and China. The best way to pick up students is to simply “go online” and wait for students to talk to you – the more you’re on, the more chances you’ll have!
Take note that you will need to go through a verification process before you get accepted. This only requires you to write a nice introduction, put up a profile picture and to do a voice recording so that students can hear how clear your voice is. Learners are going to want to speak with someone they understand, so be sure to be as clear as possible!
The best part? Most who use the PalFish App report having a lot of fun simply having the opportunity to be able to talk with someone. There’s no minimum amount to receive a payout, and payments are made anywhere from the 1st to the 5th of each month automatically via PayPal.
How Do I Get Started With PalFish?
Getting started with PalFish is incredibly easy and can be done in just 7 simple steps.
1. Register. You can register for a new account by downloading their app from this link here. Type in your phone number and they’ll send you a text message for a link for either iOS or Android devices to download the app.
2. Write an introduction. Your account needs to be verified before you can begin giving lessons. This is to ensure that there’s nothing inappropriate listed on your profile. On your introduction page, be sure to include what would make you a great teacher and why English students should choose to learn from you.
3. Setup an avatar. We highly recommend that you use your own profile picture. This makes you seem more personable. Furthermore, PalFish is more likely to approve your account this way.
4. Set your rate. While the average rate is just 1.5 RMB per minute ($13.80 per hour), we recommend starting off with just 1 RMB until you get some positive reviews. Once you get a few feel free to gradually increase this amount with the more amount of students that you get. You could be earning a maximum of $45 per hour!
5. Invite your friends. Tell your friends how much money you can make and how easy it is to use PalFish. For each teacher that you refer and that’s verified, you receive a bonus of 20 RMB in your account. Thank you for using our referral link!
For those looking for work or to earn an extra side-income, PalFish offers a great way to do just that. If you get a lot of positive reviews and speak clearly and concisely, it’s not unheard of to have frequent students at a rate of $20 – $30 per hour.
You don’t need any prior experience. As long as you have strong English skills, you’re more than likely going to pass their verification round. For those of you who have questions or comments, feel free to leave them down below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!