Want to Earn Some Extra Money?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short time. Join LifePoints Now For a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
If you’ve been following the FFL blog lately, we’ve had a great week of introducing apps that pay you money. Two in particular, Appdown and FreeMyApps, pay you money just for downloading apps and opening them.
Today we’re introducing another one called FeaturePoints. By using these three apps simultaneously, you could add an extra $75 to your monthly income for little work.
- Join FeaturePoints (50-point bonus when you sign-up using our link)
What Is FeaturePoints?
FeaturePoints is a mobile app that pays you to download and try out new apps. Each time you a new app is installed and opened you earn points which can be converted into gift cards or cash.
The main reason this service exists is because apps want to be listed as a higher ranking in the App Store or the Google Play Store. When an app receives a lot of downloads, it will move up the list. Companies are willing to pay money to get their apps on display, and FeaturePoints takes this money and gives a portion to you.
FeaturePoints must be downloaded from either your iPhone or Android browser. You won’t be able to find it in the app store.
How Do I Get Started With FeaturePoints And Earning Money?
FeaturePoints takes just a few minutes to sign-up. Here we’ve broken it down into 5 steps.
1. From your Android or iPhone, open up the browser that came with your phone. For iPhone users, you must use Safari. From there you can go to www.featurepoints.com.
Go ahead and click on the “Start earning rewards” button. You’ll asked to be enter a referral code if you have one. By entering the code FCZFSX, you get a bonus of 50 points and you support this website!
2. You will be automatically redirected to download the FeaturePoints app to your phone. Click on the Install FeaturePoints button.
3. Once FeaturePoints is installed, open the app from your homescreen and browse through the App Offers. Off to the right side of the app will be listed the amount of points you receive for each app you download.
4. In order to qualify for points, you must keep the app open for a minimum of one minute. Make sure that you do not switch networks when the app is open or you will also not be credited.
Sometimes the app is a little bit touchy on when you’re connected to the internet and sometimes loses connection. If you ever have any problems, just close the app and open it back up.
5. After leaving the app that you just installed open for 1 minute, points will be immediately credited to your account. When you reach a minimum threshold you can go ahead and cash them out for either gift cards or cash to your PayPal account.
It’s usually best to make a few clicks within the app so that you can make for certain that you will receive your points. Since the point value is the same whether you redeem for cash or gift cards, I highly recommend that you redeem to your PayPal since you can always buy gift cards at a discount.
How Much Can I Earn With FeaturePoints?
Compared with Appdown or FreeMyApps, your earnings potential is a lot more with FeaturePoints. This is mainly due to the fact that FeaturePoints is much more popular and thus more advertisers are willing to choose them over their competitors.
The biggest advantage for the user, however, is that FeaturePoints is app-based and not web-based. This means it’ll be much easier and more convenient to access than by opening a web browser each time and logging-in.
When you first sign-up, you should have enough apps to download to earn roughly $3.00. Check back daily for new apps available. I usually find that I can make a minimum of $20 – $25 dollars per month. All of the apps listed are free and there’s no expenses involved at any point.
Redeeming for $1 dollar is equivalent to 600 points, which may seem like a low amount. However, if you redeem all the apps on the list, it will add up quickly and you’ll be adding an extra source to your income.
A great way to make even more money is by using the refer a friend option. By clicking the “Earn More” tab at the bottom of the app, you’ll see a link for your referral code. I highly recommend sharing this with your friends on social media outlets or sending out a mass email.
Your friends will receive 50 bonus points just for signing-up with your referral code and you’ll get 50% of their points whenever they download an app!
The minimum amount you need to cash out is 600 points or $1 dollars. Cash is usually sent to you within 5 business days after redemption.
Out of all the apps that offer cash for downloading apps, FeaturePoints has to be the best due to its simplicity and the fact that it’s not web-based. Using this app and checking it daily can net you roughly an extra $20 a month.
The best place I find to use this app is when waiting in line or when I have some time to kill. It only takes a 2 minutes to download the app and open it up for a short time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave them in the comments below. Thanks for reading and good luck on your frugal journey.
My name is Jason Wuerch and I'm currently located in Madrid, Spain running a personal finance blog called Frugal For Less. My goal is to help everyone and anyone willing to make and save money through easy and simple ways that don't require much effort. Just because you're frugal doesn't mean you have to give up life's luxuries.