WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
If you’ve been following the Frugal blog lately, you’ll know that recently we’ve been doing a lot of write-ups on apps that can give you a passive income stream. Today we’re introducing a new app called the Mobile Performance Meter. Let it run in the background on your phone, do nothing, and earn cash.
The Mobile Performance Meter is a free app from Embee that pays you money to monitor activity on your phone. You don’t have to do anything differently than you normally would do in order to earn cash.
Just make sure that the “meter” is running in the background and earn points which can be redeemed for gift cards. You can redeem gift cards to stores such as Amazon, JCPenny, Domino’s, Sears, etc. There will be plenty of choices for you to choose from.
The reason Mobile Performance Meter is willing to pay you for essentially doing nothing is because they can use the data collected from your phone. No personal data is collected such as your email, pictures or text messages. Here is the type of information that the app collects:
- The names and type of apps that you use
- Duration of phone calls
- Date, time and amount of text messages sent
- Speed of your network and duration of browsing sessions
- Battery life
- Survey responses if you decide to participate in questionnaires
If you want to know more specifics on the data collected, you can read the Embee FAQ.
Unfortunately, the Embee Performance Meter only works on specific Android devices. If you bought a cheap smartphone, there’s a good chance that your phone won’t support the software. You can check this by seeing if the app installs to your phone.
You must be signed-up for a phone plan as well in order to use the Performance Meter. This app won’t take up much of your battery life nor will it slow down your phone a lot. As of now this app only works in the US.
How Do I Get Started Using The Mobile Performance Meter?
If you want to sign-up and start earning passive income right away, you can follow these 5 steps below.
1. Download the Mobile Performance Meter app. Go to the Google Play Store to download the app. If the app isn’t showing up that means your phone isn’t able to support its software.
2. Create an account. Hit “Join Now” on the home screen to get started. You’ll be asked to enter some information such as your name, email, age and gender. Part of this information is used to understand what type of user is doing what type of activities on their phone.
3. Keep the app running. If you signed-up for an account and have it installed on your phone, this means you’re considered “active” and the app has already started collecting data. Mobile Performance Meter gives you a set amount of cash each day and you can always check your current balance.
4. Cash out when you have enough points. 100 points is equal to $1 dollars. The minimum you can cash out for is $5 dollars and the only option for redeeming is through gift cards.
5. Complete Surverys For Extra Points. Some surveys will pay you up to 150 points ($1.50) and usually don’t take very long. I recommend doing these as often as you can.
How Much Can I Earn?
Compared to other passive income apps – such as AppOptix – Mobile Performance Meter takes the cake when it comes to how much money you can make.
Assuming that you have the app running 24/7, you will earn a constant income of 20 cents daily. This calculates to $6 dollars per month or $72 dollars per year. While it’s not a lot of money, you’re getting paid for doing absolutely nothing. The only time you have to do any type of work is when you cash out.
Doing surveys can increase your income and usually only take a few minutes complete. The only downside is that surveys aren’t available very often.
You can run Mobile Performance Meter on multiple devices per household, but only one account can be activated per device. In order to be qualified to sign-up you must have an active phone plan with your carrier.
Using the app gets you about $.20 cents daily, a lot more compared to other rewards apps. The only form in which you can withdraw money is through gift cards to Amazon, Sears, JCPenny, Chili’s and a lot of other places.
Don’t worry about personal data being stolen, as the app won’t collect information regarding your pictures, emails or text messages. The app quietly runs in the background without draining many resources from your device.
I personally check this app once every few months to see how much I’ve earned. Restarting my phone won’t deactivate the meter, continually rewarding me each time my phone is in use.
Thanks for reading and if you have any questions or would like to share with us your experience with the Mobile Performance Meter, leave them in the comments below. Thanks for reading and good luck on your frugal journey.