WANT TO EARN EXTRA MONEY?
- Survey Junkie: Earn up to $50 per survey with one of the highest-paying survey sites on the web. Join Survey Junkie Now
- Swagbucks: Make money watching videos, taking surveys, shopping online and more. Join Swagbucks Now & Get a $5 Bonus
- LifePoints: Quickly becomming one of the best survey sites and apps out there. Earn up to $10 per survey in a short amount of time. Join LifePoints Now to Get a 10 Point Bonus
- MobileXpression: Earn free money (passive income) just by leaving an app installed on your phone. Join MobileXpression Now & Get a Free Gift Card in One Week
You might already be familiar with Perk TV, an app that pays you to watch videos from your phone. Today we’re introducing its younger brother – Perk Screen. This app pays you each time you unlock your phone.
What Is Perk Screen?
Perk Screen is a free mobile app that pays you tokens and points when you unlock your smartphone. Points can be redeemed for prizes and gift cards while the tokens can be used to enter sweepstakes.
The reason Perk Screen is willing to pay you cash to simply unlock your screen is because each time you open your phone there will be an ad displayed. Perk gets a little bit of money and portions off some of that money into your “Perk Wallet.”
If you don’t click on the ad when the screen unlocks, you will still be rewarded points. You can simply swipe right to go to your phone’s home screen. The ads that are displayed are family-friendly so you don’t have to worry about anything inappropriate being shown on your screen.
You won’t get paid points each time you unlock your screen, but you will be awarded tokens. Simply use your phone like you normally would and you’ll slowly see your points add up. If desired, points can be redeemed for PayPal and Bitcoin as well as gift cards.
How Can I Start Using Perk Screen?
Perk Screen is simple to setup as long as you have an Android phone. Sorry iOS users, but Perk is still working on it. Here we break it down into 6 steps.
1. Install the app and create an account. Perk Screen can be downloaded from the Google Play Store by clicking this link here. Open the app to ensure that your Android phone can support it. You can either sign-up directly with Facebook and earn a bonus 100 points or go to Perk.com to create an account with just your email.
Take note that when you sign-up for Perk Screen you’re signing-up for access all of the Perk Apps: Perk TV, Perk Search & Win, Perk Pop Quiz, Perk Wallet, etc. This means that you can use the same account information to log into each of these and that the points on each account are all linked together. This definitely makes it more convenient.
2. Go to Lock Settings. It should be set by default, but you want to make sure that two things are enabled: 1) Perk Screen is on and 2) that you earn points for unlocking. Otherwise having Perk Screen installed won’t get you any money.
3. Unlock your screen. When the Perk Screen display comes up, you can simply swipe right to go to your home screen. Each swipe rewards tokens and every 5 swipes rewards points. Again, clicking on ads does not give extra points.
4. Browse the rewards and redeem points. I personally recommend downloading Perk Wallet to claim your rewards. As I said earlier, the accounts are linked so you can use the same username and password to log-in. Certain gift cards in Perk Wallet can be redeemed for a lower points value helping you maximize your earnings.
When you make a redemption, a confirmation will be sent to your email on file with instructions on how to redeem. Rewards are sent out every Monday, Wednesday and Friday so you never have to wait long.
5. Redeem your tokens. Each time you unlock your screen you get tokens. They are used to enter sweepstakes. Since you get them no matter what, you might as well test your luck and see if you win. I personally have never won a sweepstakes due to the large amount of entries, but it never hurts to try!
6. Earn more. This can be done by clicking the “Earn More” tab or the “Install Apps and Get Points” tab under the menu. Complete the offers and get more points.
Perk has many apps available, all of which can offer you great incentives, so it’s best not to get on their bad side. Rewards are given out in a very strict manner. There are a couple of things you should keep in mind.
Do Not Use A VPN
Perk strictly forbids the use of a VPN of any kind. If you even use it just one time, Perk will contact you when you try to redeem your reward stating that you used a VPN and the points you used will be erased.
If you’re lucky, you can email Perk saying that it was a mistake or that you won’t do it again. There have been many stories of points being put back into your account and only being let off with a warning. However, this is not always the case.
Try To Use The Phone Under One IP
If you happen to move around a lot using the Perk apps, be very cautious about where you go. Perk TV, for example, only allows a maximum amount of 5 accounts per household. If you go over this amount or if they suspect that you are committing fraud, they will either ban your account or ask for government ID to verify your identity.
As long as you’re not doing anything suspicious, you shouldn’t have anything to worry about. Just be able to provide some photo ID when asked and your points will be rewarded back into your account.
How Much Can I Earn With Perk Screen?
Here’s the most important part of this entire article: money.
The amount you can make really depends on your phone usage. Since each person uses the phone differently and at different times, it’s very difficult to calculate.
To be honest, using Perk Screen alone isn’t going to get you many points. Each time you unlock your phone you are also given 20 tokens, but it’s much more difficult to earn points. It takes 5 times unlocking a screen to earn 1 point, and 10 points = $.01 cent. This means you have to unlock your phone a total of 50 times just to earn $.01 cent!
While it may seem like the app is not worth it, you have an unlimited amount of times to unlock your phone. This means you could simply lock and unlock your phone throughout the entire day to earn points.
I don’t recommend doing this because hopefully you are here to maximize your cash in the most efficient way possible. Simply sitting by your phone each day and unlocking it won’t give you much of anything, especially gratification.
Use the phone like you normally would and watch your account slowly add up for not doing any extra work. This essentially makes your extra income passive.
I highly recommend using Perk TV in conjunction with Perk Screen to build up your points, especially since Perk TV can earn you over $100 dollars in one month if done correctly. You can see in the image below that I’m earning Perk Points for using multiple apps.
You need a minimum of 1,000 points before you can claim your first prize.
Can Perk Screen Be Used With Other Phone Unlocking Apps?
Yes. This is what is so great about Perk Screen, is that it supports other phone unlocking apps that pay you money, and I highly recommend it. When you have other apps installed for unlocking your phone screen, each app opens in a certain order. For example, Fronto and Adme are two other apps that pay when opening your phone.
Having all 3 installed, unlocking your phone displays Perk Screen first. When that’s unlocked, Fronto comes up. Unlock Fronto, and finally Adme appears. Unlock one more time to get to your home screen. You will be awarded for each app.
If you know of other unlock apps, try those as well and see how many you can have.
Perk Screen is a great app that pays you to do something you would normally do – unlock your screen. Using this app alone won’t net you much cash, which is why I highly recommend using other Perk Apps to increase your overall income, particularly Perk TV.
Make sure to follow the Perk TOS very carefully before signing-up for an account. Perk is a great program that offers many incentives and you don’t want to get banned or be penalized. If you have any questions or want to share your experience with Perk Screen, feel free to leave them in the comments below. Thanks for reading and happy frugaling!